Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#73595 by TysAri08
Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:21 am
How do I set my name that will display on the Caller ID of people I call? I read you can specify what you want it to say, but I'm failing to see where.
I remember setting it up when I added a second phone number. But what about my primary number?
Also, the number we are porting was under my wife's maiden name and this account is under my name. Which one will end up being the name setup on my caller ID?
#73599 by thunderbird
Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:31 am
lbmofo wrote:Do you have 2 numbers?

Check out your number here: http://tnid.org

Zindar wrote:From what I read elsewhere here, I should contact ooma customer service. I've just done so, and he claims I'll have this fixed within 7-10 business days. Hopefully this works out, so I'll check back then.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#73602 by lbmofo
Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:20 am
Usually, it is provisioned based on your Ooma account's name; during 2nd number assignment process though, you're also asked what you want that number's callerid to be.

Later, if you want to change any of it, it would cost $19.99 for the change (per number).

Provisioning outbound Caller-ID Name

The Ooma support team provisions the CNAM for every Ooma-hosted number based on the first and last name on your account. We provision your caller-ID name through several carrier and caller-ID providers. The provisioning process usually completes within 5 business days after you have activated your Ooma phone number or have chosen a virtual number (available with Ooma Premier). After this time, please allow at least 2 weeks for the CNAM information to propagate through various CNAM databases.

If you decide to port your phone number, Ooma will re-provision your caller-ID name. The provisioning process can not start until the porting process completes, which usually takes 3-4 weeks.

Customizing your Caller-ID Name

If you wish to change your caller-ID name, we can customize and provision your caller-ID name for a one-time charge of $19.99. Caller-ID names must include your business name or part of your first and last name. Please submit your request through Ooma support.

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... rid%20name