Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#73573 by diddlydoo
Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:11 pm
This has been going on for awhile.

It's definitely on my end where the issue is because it is a consistent with my phone. If my phone conversation lasts more than a couple of minutes, the connection will break and hang up. I call the person back or they call me back and again after a couple of minutes it hangs up again. I can't get the phone to stay connected during the whole call

Any clue to why this is going on? It sure is frustrating.

I've had a lot of issues with OOMA which I'm sort of surprised about since there were so many great reviews of Ooma before I finally gave in.
#73579 by thunderbird
Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:37 pm
diddlydoo:

How do you have your system configured? Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?

Have you tried this?

a. Access your Ooma Telo “home port” by plugging in a patch (network) cable from the Ooma Telo home port to a computer’s network card port. Sometimes you have to restart your computer after installing the patch cable, so that a proper connection occurs. (If your router is positioned behind your Ooma device, skip to step b.)
b. Type http://setup.ooma.com in you browser address window and hit enter. The “Ooma Setup” window opens.
c. In the left hand Navigation window, select “Network”.
d. Under “Network Settings” go to network connection: select the down arrow with your mouse and select “Automatic” (if not already set to Automatic).
e. Under “Modem Port MAC Address”, select Use Built in:
f. Select the “Update button”.
g. Do a “cold boot” of the Router or the Ooma device if positioned before the router.
h. After the router cold boot, do a “cold boot” of the Ooma device, or the router if positioned after the Ooma device.