Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#72060 by ClearlyRobert
Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:19 am
Called tech support again....after about 40 minutes of this and that, they said it was a software glitch they are trying to update all devices for the new year.

I've had Ooma for about a year, replacing Vonage...and for the most part it has been good.

However, we have lost a LOT of calls in the past few months when the device lights show it is working right...but callers have not been able to get through and we lost business because of this.

It is one thing for the device to go down...but to lose calls and not even send the calls to a back up number or take a voice mail is a serious fault.
#72061 by ClearlyRobert
Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:21 am
Here it is Monday, and still can't make OR receive calls on the Ooma box...their mighty reset did not work.

This is a serious problem, and based on all the other comments I see posted this morning, a very wide ranging one affecting many users.

This is a MAJOR flaw that should have been fixed days ago. Again, the derivative issue is that the lights on the Ooma box show it is working...so uses blithely assume they have phone service when, in fact, they do NOT.
#72074 by ntoy
Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:55 am
ClearlyRobert wrote:Here it is Monday, and still can't make OR receive calls on the Ooma box...their mighty reset did not work.

This is a serious problem, and based on all the other comments I see posted this morning, a very wide ranging one affecting many users.

This is a MAJOR flaw that should have been fixed days ago. Again, the derivative issue is that the lights on the Ooma box show it is working...so uses blithely assume they have phone service when, in fact, they do NOT.

Hello,

Is your telo currently showing all blue lights? It does not appear that I am able to communicate with it. Has anything changed in your network? Firewall/security enabled, blocked ports, etc?
#72079 by EricJRW
Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:53 pm
ooma is working fine for me (as of this post time).
#72626 by doktav
Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:02 am
Hello,

I'm experiencing ooma outage yesterday out of nowhere. All lights are on except for the status light in the middle.
I'm unable to make outgoing calls and all incoming calls go straight to voicemail. i've made sure that the dnd (do-not disturb) mode is disabled and still experiencing the same problem.

When I tried to call my home pohone from my cell, it does not show any missed/received call on my.ooma page. However, if I leave a voice mail, it'll record it in there and available for playback.

I've changed my ooma configuration from modem-ooma-router to modem-router-ooma, and it didn't do anything for me.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? is it just me or Ooma is experiencing some outage on their side?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!