Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#71521 by PGvoip
Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:26 am
Followed installation instructions to a tee. My Droid X is seemingly discovered by the Ooma and seems to pair, but usually does not ask for PIN (I unpaired and paired several times), which I find troubling. A call coming into the cell phone transfers to the home phone, but there is only one ring and then there is silence on the home phone. When I pick up the Droid, the caller is still there (but confused by all the delay). We have lost calls...

This is a big disappointment, since putting the cell phone in its charger within 30' of the adapter and getting calls on the land phones would be nice. I have seen others give up on this adapter.

FYI, my Ooma is behind my router...installation the other way did not work plus I favor my internet performance over phone quality.
#72780 by sharing411
Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:29 pm
I had this problem too. I thought it might be because I still have my Ooma integrated with my landline. My cell phone rings, the phone connected to Ooma rings but there is silence when I answer. Also, caller ID shows only that Motorola is calling. I came here at this time to find out if anyone has the cell phone caller's ID show up on their home Ooma phone, and I found this posting about this problem that I'm having as well. Being able to pick up my cell phone calls through my home phone would be the only reason I would pay $9.99/mo for Premier, but if it does not work then I'm buying a blue tooth answer machine with cordless handset to use with my Ooma Telo and will stick with basic for free. That way I can screen my calls and have working blue tooth that I can answer my cell calls on. Tomorrow I am setting up my Ooma to be used as a stand-alone and will see if this resolves the blue tooth issue.
#72974 by sharing411
Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:48 pm
sharing411 wrote:I had this problem too. I thought it might be because I still have my Ooma integrated with my landline. My cell phone rings, the phone connected to Ooma rings but there is silence when I answer. Also, caller ID shows only that Motorola is calling. I came here at this time to find out if anyone has the cell phone caller's ID show up on their home Ooma phone, and I found this posting about this problem that I'm having as well. Being able to pick up my cell phone calls through my home phone would be the only reason I would pay $9.99/mo for Premier, but if it does not work then I'm buying a blue tooth answer machine with cordless handset to use with my Ooma Telo and will stick with basic for free. That way I can screen my calls and have working blue tooth that I can answer my cell calls on. Tomorrow I am setting up my Ooma to be used as a stand-alone and will see if this resolves the blue tooth issue.

My Ooma is now stand-alone and the blue tooth problem is resolved. Landline integration caused the blue tooth to not function properly. Caller ID still shows that Motorola (my cell phone) is calling. Wish it showed the caller's ID. Can check the cell phone to see whose calling now that I have a special ringer set when calls come from the cell. Now I just need to iron out the wrinkles with receiving faxes. Get a dial tone on fax machine but could not receive. Any ideas?
#73060 by PGvoip
Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:11 pm
Interesting. I have my landline phones (multiple, throughout my large house) tied into the Ooma Telo. I'll try disconnecting the landline hookup and then see if I can confirm your conclusion that the integration is the problem. But since I can't live without the landlines, I'm trying to picture what you have in mind when you say a bluetooth answering machine. Specify?
#73379 by PGvoip
Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:23 pm
Researching, I am looking at Xlink Cellular Bluetooth Gateway. It supposedly works with VOIP phones. A bit pricey but you can do a lot better than $114 shopping around. I, too, need my cell calls to route through my home landphones in my big house while the cell phone charges. I cannot disconnect by landphones just to enjoy the Ooma bluetooth adapter.
#73650 by thewamp
Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:43 pm
I too had the probem where the home phone would ring ony once and then not connect to the sending cell phone. I turned off bluetooth on other devices in the area and changed some settings in the cell phone's bluetooth setup to what seemed logical.
Then, I called my Sanyo Katana DLX from my wife's Sanyo Katana DLX while standing by a home phone wireless extension handset about 50 feet from the receiving cell phone which was located about 10 feet from the Ooma Telo with installed Bluetooth Adaptor. The receiving cell phone rang and then the home extension phone rang two times followed by a voice announcement that the call was from a Sanyo Katana DLX cell phone. As long as the home phone was picked up near the time of the end of the voice annoucement or before, I was able to talk to the sending cell phone with the home phone wireless extension. (The home phone base station also has the capability to connect to cell phones via Bluetooth, but I turned that Bluetooth radio off. Instructions for that base station warn that the receiving cell phone must not be very close to the base station or interference will occur.)

Yesterday was Ooma installion Day. I will attempt to tweak the system to allow more time to answer cell phone calls with a wireless home phone extension and post updates to this reply.
#73827 by PGvoip
Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:01 pm
I lost my patience when a 5AM call came for my wife on her cell and she had to jump out of bed and run across to her phone where it was charging. Went online and bought the Xlink BTTN from a company called DiscountGlobeTele.com, which happens to be only about 20 miles from where I live. Product was about $84 including shipping and arrived 2 days later by USPS. Took about 5 minutes to set up including pairing of 3 cell phones. The Ooma Telo powers not only my 6 cordless phones but, using a splitter, also my 8 housewire phones. In hooking up the Xlink, I ran the cord that originally was connected directly to my cordless basestation to the "landline" port on the Xlink, and then hooked up the basestation to the Xlink using its "phone" port. Works fine! Cell phones sit in their charges (have to be within 10 feet of the Xlink) and now cellphone calls route into my cordless phones while calls to my Ooma still route into all the phones. I could probably figure out how to get the house-wired phones to work with the Xlink, but the 6 cordless are spread out enough in my large house. Maybe Ooma will figure out how to make their bluetooth adaptor work with an integrated setup like mine, but I needed an answer now. Actually--problem for Ooma--a device like Xlink is pretty attractive for the growing number of people who drop their landphone service and only use their cells, especially with cordless systems getting better and better. In fact the newer cordless systems have built-in bluetooth, whereas my year-old Panasonics, which I still love, do not. I intend to keep Ooma because the unlimited domestic calling is important to me. And for now, no toting around the cell in my pocket running down the battery.
#74124 by PGvoip
Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:49 pm
If I confused you...telephone cord runs out of Ooma's phone port to the Xlink BTTN landline port (Xlink treats Ooma like a landline source). Another telephone cord runs out of the Xlink phone port to a dual splitter. From the splitter, one cord runs to a cordless base unit and the other to a housewire wall jack. Presto...up to 3 paired cellphones can bluetooth their calls to the Xlink and the entire network of phones (in my case, 14 in total) can answer while those phones are in their chargers. Meanwhile, any calls to the Ooma Telo similarly ring the entire network. Ooma's proprietary bluetooth adapter should have been able to do what the Xlink does, but failed.