Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#71334 by Bamaboy1993
Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:49 pm
I have been using Ooma for 2 years without a problem and all of a sudden when you call my home number you get a message"this number is not allocated". Customer support at Ooma is probably the worst I have ever experienced. They supposedly escalated this to level 3 support and NOBODY has followed up with me. I had to call today and the answer I got was it has been escalated with no idea when it will be looked at. I then asked to speak with a supervisor....30 minutes later I realized they had hung up on me. I used to recommend Ooma to everyone I knew. That stops today. Anyway, has anybody experienced this problem and had it corrected? Any help willmbe greatly appreciated. Hopefully it will get resolved by Ooma support but based on my experience with customer support I doubt it.
#71336 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:59 pm
How long has this been going on? I would think your number not being reachable would be a priority item for customer support.

Is it calling with just a certain carrier or all carriers?

If only a certain carrier, you'd need to have the caller call their service provider to find out why a working number is not reachable.
#71338 by ntoy
Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:24 pm
Bamaboy1993 wrote:I have been using Ooma for 2 years without a problem and all of a sudden when you call my home number you get a message"this number is not allocated". Customer support at Ooma is probably the worst I have ever experienced. They supposedly escalated this to level 3 support and NOBODY has followed up with me. I had to call today and the answer I got was it has been escalated with no idea when it will be looked at. I then asked to speak with a supervisor....30 minutes later I realized they had hung up on me. I used to recommend Ooma to everyone I knew. That stops today. Anyway, has anybody experienced this problem and had it corrected? Any help willmbe greatly appreciated. Hopefully it will get resolved by Ooma support but based on my experience with customer support I doubt it.

Hello,

You're issue has already been escalated to our carrier. We'll keep you posted.
#71339 by Bamaboy1993
Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:31 pm
This has been going on for two days. This is the only phone number we give out. We are missing calls and nobody can reach us in an emergency.

Trust me this is not a priority for them..that is evident by their response time and actions.

By the way Ooma support...you just told me what the last 2 reps have told me...and I just waited AGAIN on hold for a supervisor for 1 hour and nobody came on. Clearly Ooma does not want to improve their reputation.
#71374 by ntoy
Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:00 am
Our carrier has escalated the issue internally to their engineering dept.
Will post updates as I receive them.
#71378 by scoutconnor
Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:27 am
Bamaboy1993 wrote:This has been going on for two days. This is the only phone number we give out. We are missing calls and nobody can reach us in an emergency.

Trust me this is not a priority for them..that is evident by their response time and actions.

By the way Ooma support...you just told me what the last 2 reps have told me...and I just waited AGAIN on hold for a supervisor for 1 hour and nobody came on. Clearly Ooma does not want to improve their reputation.

The best place to post issues is the Ooma Forums. Ooma staff is always lurking around the forums looking for someone to help. I think of them as being sharks waiting for their prey but instead of eating you when they attack, they throw candy and flowers your way.
With ntoy helping you, Ooma and their carrier are doing everything that they possibly can be doing to help you.
Whenever I have an issue, I always go right to the forums.
#71660 by Bamaboy1993
Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:11 pm
Well it's Dec 28 and not a peep from Ooma. I stanf by my previous statement that Ooma has the worst customer service than any other company I have encountered. How can you expect to grow your business through positive word of mouth when you treat a long term customer this way. I have not heard one word...not one email..not one phone call from anybody at Ooma giving me an update on my issue. I have now not had phone service for over a weak. This is a bad way to do business. I give up.
#71692 by ntoy
Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:29 am
Bamaboy1993 wrote:Well it's Dec 28 and not a peep from Ooma. I stanf by my previous statement that Ooma has the worst customer service than any other company I have encountered. How can you expect to grow your business through positive word of mouth when you treat a long term customer this way. I have not heard one word...not one email..not one phone call from anybody at Ooma giving me an update on my issue. I have now not had phone service for over a weak. This is a bad way to do business. I give up.

I deeply apologize for the delay. After further research & digging deeper, we discovered that this number was ported out to another carrier. If you did not request to port out this number, then the number was slammed - meaning it was wrongfully ported out to another carrier.

Please send me a personal message or contact our support dept.