Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#68085 by VoIP
Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:01 am
As of this morning, I no longer see "Continuous Ring" as a choice in either the community or personal blacklists. The only 3 choices are Send to voicemail, Call blocked msg, and Number disconnected msg.

I noticed this because once again my dashboard setup % dropped from 60% (everything except prepaid & voicemail notifications) to 40% - my "privacy enhancement" settings get wiped out. <- Has been going on for months. When I went back to set the blacklist handling, I noticed that the continuous ring - my preferred option was gone.

Has anyone else seen this?
#68086 by murphy
Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:24 am
In my experience continuous ring has never worked right.
They have apparently removed it as an option.
#69578 by chiefjim
Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:00 pm
Bobby B wrote:Continuous ring has been temporarily removed while we work through a bug with the call treatment.

Any idea when we might see it return? The other options confirm with the caller that the number being called is valid. When the call is never answered they don't have that confirmation.

I for one hope the continuous ring option is returned quickly.
#70316 by EricJRW
Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:47 pm
chiefjim wrote:
Bobby B wrote:Continuous ring has been temporarily removed while we work through a bug with the call treatment.

Any idea when we might see it return? The other options confirm with the caller that the number being called is valid. When the call is never answered they don't have that confirmation.

I for one hope the continuous ring option is returned quickly.

Seems that the "Number disconnected msg" would NOT confirm that the number being called is valid. In fact I suspect that the robo-dialers "hear" the three-tone and remove the number from their list (at least I hope they do).
#70323 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:42 pm
EricJRW wrote:Seems that the "Number disconnected msg" would NOT confirm that the number being called is valid. In fact I suspect that the robo-dialers "hear" the three-tone and remove the number from their list (at least I hope they do).

You maybe right but chiefjim probably just wants to inflict a bit more torment upon these blacklisted folks.
#78509 by chiefjim
Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:07 am
lbmofo wrote: You maybe right but chiefjim probably just wants to inflict a bit more torment upon these blacklisted folks.

Absolutely. Those that disrupt our home systems care not about how we feel. So nice to turn the tables back onto them.

Looks like continuous dial is sort of back. Tested by using my cellphone as a blocked number. Cellphone rang three times, not heard on Ooma, then disconnected.

Makes me wonder what is the more disruptive results for those blacklisted numbers, getting disconnected after three rings, trying again and getting the same results. Or to have the line remain active ringing until their human or in house software decides to disconect?