Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#66456 by sherrondee
Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:53 am
Phone numbers I have entered to be blacklisted continue to ring. When I answer there is nothing there. I want the blacklisted numbers to NOT RING! What do I have to do?

The most pesky blacklisted call is from 212-777-3457, LA MODE ORG CLE. When I call them back a recording says it is a disconnected number. Does anyone know what this outfit is all about?

Thanks
#66457 by sherrondee
Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:29 pm
e: Blacklist Not Working??
by ntoy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:48 am

Hello,

Unfortunately, you are experiencing bug 9480. It's been resolved, but not pushed out to production yet.
Hopefully it will be soon.

Thanks for your patience!

ntoy
Ooma Moderator

#66560 by jaxf250
Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:20 am
I am getting this error too. I have several numbers blacklisted now that are still ringing thru, even with
Continuous Ring set for them.... any idea when this will be pushed out to production?
#66577 by murphy
Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:30 pm
jaxf250 wrote:I am getting this error too. I have several numbers blacklisted now that are still ringing thru, even with
Continuous Ring set for them.... any idea when this will be pushed out to production?

Try something other than continuous ring.
#66578 by jaxf250
Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:00 pm
murphy wrote:
jaxf250 wrote:I am getting this error too. I have several numbers blacklisted now that are still ringing thru, even with

Try something other than continuous ring.

I want them (caller) to get (hear) a continuous ring, not call blocked or disconnected. It needs to be fixed - my post was to inform Ooma that this is happening to several of us, not just an isolated case, and a Q to see if they knew when a fix would be forthcoming. If I could deliver a different blacklist response to callers, I would try as you suggest.