Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#64264 by adtreat
Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:37 am
Since I installed my OOma I have never been able to get local landline calls, even after many calls to Customer Service.
I am now trying to port my number back to Verizon but for some reason OOma, who says my number was never ported because of Verizon, will not release my number back to me. If a person calls me they get the desk of Bill Stetner at 650-227-6267. I find all of this to be very odd since Ooma told me I would have to contact the FCC to get the porting finalized. If Ooma didn't have my number why was I able to get long distance cell and landline call and local cell calls. At this moment, through Verizon I can get local landline calls to my landline phone but all long distance and cell calls are being diverted to my cell or, if I don't answer to Bill Stetner. If there is someone out there who can release my number from Ooma so I can cancel my service, that would be great.

I am also trying to get a refund for the Telo but all I get is I had it for over 30 days so no refund available. Since it never worked and the so-called porting was complete in early July and I have been working with customer service to fix the problem,I don't know why I have to go through my credit card to get the refund.

If , as I was told, that porting was difficult with Verizon from the beginning, I would have gladly worked through the system,but after 2 months with unreliable service, a father who is 91 and in tenuous health and my own treatment for cancer and cannot have inconsistent service.

Anne Treat
#64266 by southsound
Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:10 am
Anne,

First off, I am not an ooma employee so there is not much I can do to help your situation - but that said, let me tell you that I am sorry for your troubles in making the system work. Until I got to your last line, I was thinking that maybe your service could be made successful with intervention from one of the ooma moderators. However, given your fathers health situation and your own battle with cancer, I think you have made a wise decision. The last thing you need at this point is more stress and unreliable phone service. If you purchased your system with a credit card, there may be a way to work through their customer satisfaction group to facilitate a return. I wish you well with getting your phone service back to a reliable state and will be praying for a speedy and complete recovery for yourself.
#64274 by Bobby B
Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:29 am
I checked on your number port. From notes, I see the port completed in June, but Verizon never updated their call switch to show you had ported your number out. This caused it so other Verizon customers local to you couldn't call you. This could only be remedied by Verizon - instead of fixing their call routing problem, they convinced you to just port your number back to Verizon.

We're not doing anything to block the port back to Verizon. Right now your number is assigned to Bill's Hub (call forwarding to your cell phone) as it awaits the port out to complete. This information was communicated to you over the phone last week, so I'm not sure where the miscommunication is. Bill will send an e-mail with additional details.
#64276 by lbmofo
Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:36 am
If anyone wondered why my avatar is the way it is, this would be one of many good reasons.

Verizon sucks.