Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#62921 by bbgarnett
Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:01 pm
Hello,

My number was just ported over today and I was just wondering if I need to call my old provider to cancel. I had T-mobile@home and so I am wondering if once the number is ported is it automatically canceled from T-mobile or do I need to call t-mobile now and say the number has been ported and ask them to cancel it.

Thanks,
#62922 by lbmofo
Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:19 pm
Porting automatically cancels the previous account but it is always a good idea to call them to double check.
#62923 by roadshow
Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:44 pm
Mine wa sjust ported too. I called Time Warner anyway, just to make sure it was cancelled.
#62936 by bbgarnett
Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:50 pm
Hey,

Yeah I am happy the only thing I don't like is well for example someone just called and I didn't know the number it just came up Toms river NJ and I live in MN and so I didn't answer it assuming it was a telemarketer and well it rang like 4 or 5 times and then the answering machine picked up and the person didn't leave a message but the message machine stayed on and eventually recorded the Ooma sound that the phones play when you turned on. So I don't know if I can stop it from recording the ooma sound if no one leaves a message.