Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#61012 by bbgarnett
Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:53 pm
Hello,

I have a question we are switching to Ooma from T-mobile we had T-mobile for cellphones as well as the T0mobile@home voip service thing and well we got rid of T-mobile becuase we didn't have service in our area they checked and said we would be let out of our contract with no charge but what happened was everything was canceled including the T-mobile@home all before we got Ooma so my problem is I paid the 40 bucks to have ooma port the number over but now I don't know what will happen since T-mobile has already canceled everything including the @home line. We originally had Qwest and then went to T-mobile for home phone and now this since we couldn't have T-mobile@home unless we had them for Cellphones which we couldn't becuase we had no cell service from then in our area. So What's going to happen is Ooma going to be able to port our home phone number that we have had and the one we used for T-mobile@home or are we screwed since everything was already canceled or if they can't port it would they just be able to consider it a new number and not charge a porting fee or what. I hope that we don't get screwed are will be able to keep our same number. Also they ask for a copy of our bill but we don't have one becuase everything was online with t-mobile and we never got a hard copy, but once t-mobile canceled us, we were then no longer able to sign in to our t-mobile.com account. I mean I gave them our t-mobile account number and everything. So any help would be appreciated, I mean I am going to call ooma tomorrow and see from them as well but if any of you can offer suggestions or any knowledge of what might happen it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew
#61013 by lbmofo
Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:57 pm
Need to call Tmobile and reinstate your home phone service and then you can port. Maybe if you explain your situation of not having coverage, they'll gladly help.
#61014 by bbgarnett
Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:00 pm
Hey,

OK I mean They let us out of our contract at no charge becuase of having no service. SO your saying I call T-mobile and ask them to reinstate. I don't know if they can do that since I guess they told me they don't even offer T-mobile@home anymore but your saying they should be able to reinstate that number. If so would I have to plug my phones back into myT-mobile@home router or can I keep everything hooked up to my ooma thing since Ooma has given me a temporary number.

Thanks again,

Andrew
#61015 by lbmofo
Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:01 pm
Explain to them you want to have the number active just so that you can port. You don't need to have the phone working.
#61019 by lbmofo
Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:08 pm
You just need to convince Tmobile to keep your phone number in active state so the number porting can happen.
#61023 by bbgarnett
Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:27 pm
OK and so they shouldn't have a problem doing that even though everything was canceled already they should just be able to turn the number back on or whatever. Also I'm assuming that your saying to leave everything plugged into the ooma hub. Sorry if I am being a little noobish I am just wanting to make sure so that I don't get things screwed up.

Thanks again though for your help.
#61025 by lbmofo
Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:36 pm
Yes, I suppose you got a temp number from ooma right? Just use ooma as is and then wait for the port to complete, then your ooma number will be the number ported over.
#61026 by bbgarnett
Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:39 pm
OK,

Yeah I got a temp number from Ooma which I didn't think would happen since I thought I read they didn't do that but anyways yeah I'll leave everything as is. Also I shouldn't have to do anything right it will just let me know when the number is ported over and my old number will just take over and my temp number will go away, I am assuming that's what will happen. Also it says I have to send in the LOA (Letter of Agreement) But also asks for an old bill which I don't have since everything was paperless is that really necessary to send in I mean when I was getting everything set up online it asked for my account number from t-mobile which I entered I mean I think they just wanted an old bill to see the address and Account number. I mean they should already have that since I filled that info in when setting everything up online. So is sending in an old bill really necessary or not I mean regardless of whether it is or not I can't send one in becuase I don't have one nor can I get one.

Thanks again though for all your help it's greatly appreciated.
#61029 by lbmofo
Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:31 pm
Once you get Tmobile to reactivate your old number, I'd email loa@ooma.com (porting department) to let them know what went on so if the porting is stuck, they can re-start it for you.