Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:18 pm
i go to system preferences ..it says change ooma connection tone or disable it ...i see nothing of an option to do that on that page ....just saying ...i dont want to hear it and i dont want other people to hear it....where do i make these changes
- Posts: 7240
- Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 pm
- Location: Pennsylvania
They have apparently disabled it permanently.
The tune you hear when you take your phone off hook is not the connection tone. That is the Ooma dial tone.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx
- Posts: 348
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:22 am
They should update the help column and info (?) pages if it is a permanent change otherwise it gets even more confusing than the dial/connect tone already is.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:18 pm
sfhub wrote:They should update the help column and info (?) pages if it is a permanent change otherwise it gets even more confusing than the dial/connect tone already is.
I got to agree. They need to update the help column and remove the reference to the options that aren't there. As a new ooma customer, I was pretty confused and kept loading and reloading the page and logging in and out thinking the preference wasn't loading for some reason.
- Posts: 554
- Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:02 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
Forgive a dumb question, but what is an "Ooma connection tone"?
- Posts: 9337
- Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm
- Location: Greater Seattle
It is something they disabled now.
Dennis P wrote:ooma Lounge
A. Added a "system preferences" page. This page includes the ability to control two things:
1. 10-digit dialing: Ability to dial area code + phone number without the leading 1. This makes it easier to call back a missed call from you phone.
2. Connection tone: The connection tone is the chime played to the caller when a phone call connects. You can choose from some new tones or disable the feature.
B. Added "export to excel" function to call logs.
C. The dialog box shown when saving preferences now dismisses itself after a few seconds instead of requiring you to hit OK.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!