Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#60124 by philw132
Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:22 pm
I tried using multi-ring to my google voice so that i can have my 2 cellphone numbers ring, however that made the ooma number go straight to google voicemail. since this option looks like it will not work is there any plans to have the ooma telo forward to more then one number like google voice does?
#60127 by bw1
Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:52 pm
Did you uncheck the box "Require key press before answering forwarded calls"?

Did you try turning off call screening in Google Voice?

It looks like there are plans to change call forwarding but I don't know if it will include the ability to multi-ring more than one phone number. See - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8292&p=58492#p58492
#60129 by philw132
Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:00 pm
Yes, all those steps have already been completed

It would seem using the multi ring in this fashion makes the google voicemail pick up right away and it does not even ring the telo or the cell numbers. im not sure if its a limitation in the call fowarding specs, im pretty sure thats what it is, however i was trying to be able to use the multi-ring on both my cellphones and thought google voice might be the way to do it

bw1 wrote:Did you uncheck the box "Require key press before answering forwarded calls"?

Did you try turning off call screening in Google Voice?

It looks like there are plans to change call forwarding but I don't know if it will include the ability to multi-ring more than one phone number. See - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8292&p=58492#p58492
#60132 by bw1
Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:05 pm
Do you have Google Voice setup to ring your Telo? That might be causing the issue.
#60147 by philw132
Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:32 pm
No, google voice is not setup to ring the telo, i figured if i did that it would go into a feedback loop.

I have a feeling that its a telco fowarding spec. i know there is some kind of layout for call forwarding, i think you cant foward more then twice on a ringing line. i just couldnt figure out tho why googlevoicemail was picking up on the first ring instead of ringing the phones

bw1 wrote:Do you have Google Voice setup to ring your Telo? That might be causing the issue.