Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#58133 by stumpy
Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:35 am
My blacklist has disappeared....thought this got fixed last time. Is it just mine or the system?
#58147 by ntoy
Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:16 am
Hello,

Have you tried on Firefox browser?
There's currently an issue with IE we're looking at.
I had the same problem on IE & worked for me in Firefox.
#58156 by Bobby B
Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:30 am
Yes, this issue does seem specific to IE8 - we're working on a fix.
#58195 by stumpy
Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:16 pm
Thanks ntoy and Bobby B. Back home from work and you got the blacklist fixed while I was gone.
Much appreciated. I'm trying to get my sister to try Ooma and hope most of these problems while be gone so I don't have to walk her through all this from several states away. Not sure she has the patience to deal with it. Anyway, still working on her using international calling as bait.

Stumpy
#58206 by heplerd
Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:21 am
Blacklist is also not working correctly for me in IE8, Firefox 3.6.3, and Google Chrome 5. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Error Message Reads As Follows:

Update Failed: Cannot Alter AdmDid as MultiRing is enabled but no number is provided for AdmDid PK[qj5bmqyqkywmnayrkxqgdudrzcgb4b9i]

Thanks,

Don
#58212 by Bobby B
Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:49 am
Try going to Preferences->Calling and disabling Multi-Ring.

-Bobby

heplerd wrote:Update Failed: Cannot Alter AdmDid as MultiRing is enabled but no number is provided for AdmDid PK[qj5bmqyqkywmnayrkxqgdudrzcgb4b9i]
#58468 by WHYGIRL
Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:14 pm
BLACKLISTED CONTACTS HAVE DISAPPEARED. UNABLE TO REMOVE BLACKLIST FROM SINGLE CONTACT.

TO INSURE PRIVACY I AM HAVING ALL OOMA CALLS FORWARDED TO CELL PHONE.

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE LACK OF CONSISTENCY WITH THE OOMA SYSTEM. CLAIMS SHOULD NOT BE MADE ABOUT THE SYSTEM THAT ARE UNRELIABLE.
CUSTOMERS SHOULD BE INFORMED THAT THEY ARE PARTICIPATING IN A TEST SYSTEM RATHER THAT BEING LED TO BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE PURCHASING A PRODUCTION READY PRODUCT.

SOMETIMES IT WORKS, SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T. SOMETIMES SOME FEATURES WORK AND SOMETIMES THEY DON'T.
ARE PROGRAMMERS TESTING TO ASSESS THE IMPACT OF THEIR CODE CHANGES BEFORE THEY APPLY THE CHANGES TO THE WHOLE SYSTEM?
#58470 by southsound
Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:35 pm
Two things are very unpopular on this forum. TYPING IN ALL CAPS which is considered rude because it is like shouting in a quiet room and people who feel the need to double post an issue. Frequent posters (the ones who help with LOTS of problems) use the View new posts or View active topics links to navigate. So your response shows up twice. It does not help gain an answer.
#58493 by WHYGIRL
Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:28 am
Thank you for the posting etiquite advice. I will try to remember to take off my caps lock.

I am unable to retrieve, add to or change the blacklist.
#58499 by DTMF
Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:36 pm
WHYGIRL wrote:ARE PROGRAMMERS TESTING TO ASSESS THE IMPACT OF THEIR CODE CHANGES BEFORE THEY APPLY THE CHANGES TO THE WHOLE SYSTEM?

I know from my past experience in VoIP that sometimes there are unanticipated consequences to code changes. Fixing one issue or adding infrastructure to support future upgrades can break other features in the production environment. There's no way to simulate every contingency in a testbed environment and it's likely that more engineering resources are devoted to pushing forward than patching up.

Ooma is a small company, tiny even, compared to legacy telcos. It's not AT&T, with vast, seemingly endless engineering resources. When things break, they'll take a while to fix.