Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#57901 by diddlydoo
Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:14 pm
I may be moving to a different area code in a few months. I hadn't yet assigned a second number to my phone so thought I'd go ahead and give it an area code to that location. There are none available. The area is Charleston, SC. I would think there would be some numbers available since it is a more populated area.

Will there be more numbers assigned at a later date or am I just out of luck and have to have a long distance number to give out to others?
#57941 by diddlydoo
Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:06 am
Thanks for the info. I did try again today and got a Charleston number. There was a blank space for me to add my name for the caller ID. I put in my name it got an error that 'service is unavailable'. I cleared my cookies and tried and again and no luck. Is service actually down or is there something else?

Also I tried to change the default ring on this phone number and again 'service is unavailable'.

Thanks.
#57949 by ntoy
Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:35 am
Hello,

Currently, your account does have 2 numbers assigned. I think the error maybe due to the credit card name with a period after your middel initial. Please contact our customer support to clear out the credit card info & re-enter without any special character such as periods.
#57957 by diddlydoo
Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:31 pm
Thanks ntoy. I would have never figured that out on my own. Who would have ever thought of that? lol

Edited to add that I did call and the lady told me I should wait 7-10 days for it to kick in and if not working then to call back. Weird but I'll do it.
#57958 by ntoy
Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:34 pm
Hello,

The period still shows in your account. I'm not sure what was done. Do you know if the support
rep completely deleted the credit card info from your account?
#58012 by diddlydoo
Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:17 pm
When I called OOMA, I mentioned the period after my initial with my credit card info. She didn't seem to think that had anything to do with it and she said I just needed to wait for the 2nd number to kick in.

I just checked and my credit card info is still online.

You know I really hate that it's in there at all. I'm uncomfortable with OOMA having my credit card info on file. I'd rather just use my card if I need to and not have if on file with them.