Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#57010 by denny
Sat May 29, 2010 10:39 pm
I'd like to have a way in My OomA to restore from a dropdown list of firmware versions. That way, when we hear from enough people that a particular version works, we can download it (or set it to automatically update). Also a check box to tell whether or not automatic updates should be applied.

Thanks!
-Denny
#57018 by DTMF
Sun May 30, 2010 9:05 am
FWIW, that would create a hassle for you and for Ooma's support crew if you were one of a handful of customers running year-old firmware that caused your box to suddenly stop working after a change on the network side. It's much easier for Ooma to operate and support a network that's has a handful of different devices running a handful of firmware versions than one that has devices running dozens of firmware versions.
#57026 by daet
Sun May 30, 2010 10:52 am
denny wrote:I'd like to have a way in My OomA to restore from a dropdown list of firmware versions. That way, when we hear from enough people that a particular version works, we can download it (or set it to automatically update). Also a check box to tell whether or not automatic updates should be applied.

Thanks!
-Denny

In addition to creating a support nightmare, its likely that firmware updates are beta-tested for Ooma before being pushed to all their customers.
#57047 by denny
Mon May 31, 2010 12:41 am
Well, this update does not work.

When I call out, they try answering, but when they can't hear me, they call me back. All the time, I hear the phone ringing. When I realize I am getting another call (it's really the person I called trying to call me back), I flash to the 2nd line to talk with them. After the call is ended, the 2nd line is still flashing on the Ooma hub, but I can't flash or press any button on the hub to get it working again. The only way to either make or receive calls at this point is to pull the plug and let the thing reboot.

When people try calling me, they rarely get through. Is there a way to restore the original firmware? And then is there a way to NOT get automatic updates?

Please give me back my firmware version that worked fine for a year and a half, and please DON"T update the firmware again without completely testing it to make sure it doesn't affect existing users. What I have now is a piece of junk.
#57050 by daet
Mon May 31, 2010 5:37 am
denny wrote:Well, this update does not work.

We have the same version you do 37410.37410 - without any of the problems that you've described. You should contact CS through this forum or directly by phone.
#57081 by lbmofo
Mon May 31, 2010 3:50 pm
Hmmm...still with Rev: 33454.33454. Hope it stays that way if the new one has problems.
#57597 by denny
Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:27 pm
I am at version 37120.37120 and am still having troubles making and receiving calls. Ooma, can you please try updating my hub to the latest version to see if that works?
#57602 by ktinca
Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:37 pm
That IS the latest version for the HUB. I have no problems receiving/making calls. Actually my system has been trouble free since I installed it in February 2010.

denny wrote:I am at version 37120.37120 and am still having troubles making and receiving calls. Ooma, can you please try updating my hub to the latest version to see if that works?
#57844 by denny
Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 pm
It sounds like your hub is working for you - that is the same as mine worked for me from the time I bought my ooma hub up until a few months ago. On or around April 14th or so it began doing this - the reason I recall the date is because it was about the same time I filed my tax return. I'm not totally sure it's the firmware version that is causing this, but nothing else I know of has changed, so I suspect an automatic firmware version update. Ooma, was there a firmware update around April 14th? What was the version number before this?

To describe the problems I've been having, I now often cannot make calls that go through. Sometimes I can, but other times I hear empty space after dialing a number. Sometimes when it makes it through, I don't realize it because I hear it ringing on my end. What actually happens is the person on the other tells me they tried answering but had to call me back when I couldn't hear them and they realized it was my number that was calling. After they call back, the ringing stops on my end. After both of us say hello several times, we finally hear each other talking (phew!).

Sometimes when I hang up the phone, the hub doesn't disconnect, but switches to the instant second line. After this happens, I can neither make nor receive calls because I don't have "Premier" (which allows the 2nd line to be used). I've tried all sorts of ways to get the 2nd line to stop flashing, dialing a new number, pressing the flash button on my handset, dialing a number then pressing flash, hanging up again... nothing works and the only way I've found to get it working again is to unplug the hub's power cable and plug it back in to let it reboot.

As far as receiving calls, when people see me (or have to call my cell phone to reach me), they ask what's wrong with my home phone because they can't reach me.

Again, for a year and a half, everything worked flawlessly, but for months now, it has been giving me these weird problems. Nothing in my hardware connection or Internet service status has changed in all this time. Ooma, are you listening? Please tell me what I can do to get reliable phone service again!

Assuming it IS the firmware version, can someone please tell me how to reset to the firmware version that came with the ooma hub? Isn't there a bootstrap function or hard reset function I can do to accomplish this?

Thanks!
-Denny