Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#56256 by MackT4
Fri May 21, 2010 7:42 am
I checked the website, said number porting should be available. Then I paid my fee, sent in all the forms. Now a month later I get a vague email stating
"This email is to acknowledge that we've received your porting request. Unfortunately, we are unable to port your number (xxx xxx xxxx) at this time. Your location is not within our carriers range as of yet. We are unable to provide you an exact date when you will be able to port your telephone number. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you and we hope to be of service to you soon."

What is ooma's carrier? I have seen other people say that they have successfully ported over from Windstream. Was this email saying they are working on it or does this mean I am just out of luck? Anyone ever have a similar experience, but actually complete a port?

My ooma has basically been collecting dust for months. If I cant keep my number or at least use it as a SIP device Im never going to use this thing.
#56481 by lbmofo
Mon May 24, 2010 8:57 am
I think ooma's service provider/carrier is XO Communications Inc.

If I was in your situation, I'd port my number over to Tmobile prepaid with least amt of balance and hold on to the number until either ooma can port it or Google voice can port it.
#65528 by lbmofo
Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:48 am
lbmofo wrote:I think ooma's service provider/carrier is XO Communications Inc.

I just found out that Ooma's carrier isn't always XO. I know of one Ooma user being served by O1 Communications (Southern Cal).