Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#53785 by StevenJohn
Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:30 pm
Why do we have to choose one or the other, that is, call forward on network outage, or multi-ring? I want multi-ring when the system is up and I want call forward to the same cell number when the system is down. I never know when the network is going to be down, and if it is down I cannot go to my.ooma to change it. Is this not possible to have both?

sj
#53789 by murphy
Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:25 pm
If you are set for multi-ring and the network is down your ooma phone won't ring but your cell phone should ring.
Isn't that what you want to happen?
#53800 by bw1
Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:45 pm
StevenJohn wrote:Why do we have to choose one or the other, that is, call forward on network outage, or multi-ring? I want multi-ring when the system is up and I want call forward to the same cell number when the system is down. I never know when the network is going to be down, and if it is down I cannot go to my.ooma to change it. Is this not possible to have both?

sj

If you have multi-ring set to ring your cell phone and the system is up or down, it will ring your cell phone.

If you have call forward on network outage set to ring your cell phone and the system is up, it won't ring your cell phone.

If you have call forward on network outage set to ring your cell phone and the system is down, it will ring your cell phone.

So, unless you want to ring different numbers, what do you want to accomplish by having both?

Also, if your own system is out, you likely would still have access to my.ooma as long as you have internet access somehow.
#53822 by StevenJohn
Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:49 pm
murphy wrote:If you are set for multi-ring and the network is down your ooma phone won't ring but your cell phone should ring.
Isn't that what you want to happen?

Yes this is what I want, but I didn't think it worked that way. If it does, then this is great. In my tests it did not, however, some of my tests were ooma to ooma and muti-ring don't work that way.

Yes I want to leave multi-ring on all the time.

sj