Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#53469 by dajudem
Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:08 pm
Hi, I have a summer home in another state (Maine), winter in Arizona, what would it mean to install Ooma there? Would people call my AZ phone and get me in Maine? do I have to let Ooma know if I am just doing this for a couple-three months and then back to AZ? Appreciate any help you can provide! Thank you.

Juanita
#53470 by ggilman
Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:30 pm
The system itself will work fine. The phone will be long distance from the alternate state that you choose for your phone #. A way around this is to get a second phone number (I'd suggest actually getting premier since it's not much more than the 2nd number itself). You can assign one number for each state you are in.

The only real issue is the 911. Each time you move the device state to state, you should go into your my ooma site and update the 911 settings. You can do this straight from the web site.
#53475 by dsinternet
Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:00 am
Ooma works great for me. When I go on a weekend family trip to see my parents in another state I bring the ooma with me. People from my home state don't even know I am out of town. I think a second phone number would be prefect for your situation. Ooma it's the future. I love it!
#53494 by dajudem
Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:13 am
Thank you so much for your answers. I feel very comforted now. I love my Ooma as well. The only problem I have ever had is that somehow the phone slipped from "tone" to "pulse" and it refused to call out. Took awhile to figure out what went wrong. But I love the freedom from the telephone company, especially when going on "vacation."

Again thanks so much. --Juanita