Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#53440 by Fumbles
Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:21 pm
I have my Telo (with Telo handset) connected to an outside POTS (plain old telephone system) line which is active and works as is should by itself, but when connected to the Telo box 'Wall' connection it will not respond to an incoming call.
It DID work for weeks and then it became intermittent, and now, nothing. When I called tech support they assured me that I can't to that and that I would have to have the line ported over etc etc, (my original phone number is ported over) and insisted that you could not attach an outside telephone line to the Telo. Well I really want this feature back, and would like to get this box replaced, as it has issues, but I don't know what to do to get the attention of some one that can help me out. Any one have any ideas? Have premier service also.
Jack :(
#53441 by murphy
Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:26 pm
Fumbles wrote:I have my Telo (with Telo handset) connected to an outside POTS (plain old telephone system) line which is active and works as is should by itself, but when connected to the Telo box 'Wall' connection it will not respond to an incoming call.
It DID work for weeks and then it became intermittent, and now, nothing. When I called tech support they assured me that I can't to that and that I would have to have the line ported over etc etc, (my original phone number is ported over) and insisted that you could not attach an outside telephone line to the Telo. Well I really want this feature back, and would like to get this box replaced, as it has issues, but I don't know what to do to get the attention of some one that can help me out. Any one have any ideas? Have premier service also.
Jack :(

I'm confused. Do you have the landline integrated with Ooma or not. You said you ported your number. That should have killed your landline. If the Telo has it's own phone number (the one you ported?) it is not integrated with a landline and will ignore anything connected to the wall port.