Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#52630 by highdesert
Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:44 am
Can one of the Ooma folks here please take a look at this issue and address it with a fix?

I had a second phone number ported to Ooma yesterday and (unlike my first port) things are failing. I’m posting here after four calls over fiveish hours of working with phone support.

What the callers experience:
After my number was ported Callers (from five different wireless callers across several carriers) reached a Ooma ‘broadband Internet answering machine’ voice mail prompt:
“Please enter your area code and phone number followed by #”. If callers key in a phone number they are prompted for a PIN. No matter what they do they can never leave a message and the call never rings through to me.

Calls to the originally ported number (Line 1) from the same callers work fine.

What I’m seeing on the website:
    - When I log in with the newly ported number, that I was able to assign to a Scout yesterday, to look at Voicemail I receive a “Inbox is currently unavailable, please try again later” notice.

- If I try to move the new number back to a shared one (Manage phone numbers, Associate to Device) the following notice pops up:

“There was a problem moving your phone number. Your number reservation may have expired or you may not have any additional virtual numbers available to add. If the problem persists, please contact support at https://www.ooma.com/support.

- The call logs on the newly ported number show all calls to the number (Line 2) as missed since 12:23pm yesterday.

What I’ve tried:
    - Rebooting the Hub and Scouts several times up until after 9:15pm last night. In some cases I left them off for a couple of hours.

- Resetting the Hub and Scouts several times up until 9:15pm last night.

It looks like these folks are having a similar issue:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7493
#52640 by therin
Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:36 am
I am also having a similar issue with the virtual phone number issued by Ooma. The voicemail asks for a mailbox number and pin. In the my Ooma page the call is listed as missed. Is this an Ooma server issue? I expect phone service to be reliable, and at the very least, to be able to receive messages. This system is anything but reliable.
#52641 by murphy
Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:48 am
therin wrote:I am also having a similar issue with the virtual phone number issued by Ooma. The voicemail asks for a mailbox number and pin. In the my Ooma page the call is listed as missed. Is this an Ooma server issue? I expect phone service to be reliable, and at the very least, to be able to receive messages. This system is anything but reliable.

Virtual numbers are for use with Google Voice Extensions, not for normal phone use.
Is it a virtual number or just a second number?
If the latter, is it shared or personal?
If personal, did you configure the voicemail for it?
#52649 by highdesert
Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:15 am

I appreciate that "therin" is having a similar problem but (since I worked this with Ooma support for over 5 hours yesterday, and took the time to document my issues here) could this thread be refocused on my issue?

This morning I confirmed that the issue is happening with all inbound (landline & cell) calls.

I'm going on a 20 hour outage of inbound calls on this number. If Ooma can't address this soon I'm going to have to blast out my Google Voice number for people to use instead. That means could have avoided the outage, and porting fee, by not porting the number to begin with.