Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#51080 by telouser
Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:42 pm
I got ooma couple of months ago. It was working fine until last week. I can still connect to the internet but my phone doesn't work. I can't hear dial tone or make/receive any calls. Previously the same phone was working fine with the device. I have tried with couple of other telephone that works fine with landline but doesn't work with ooma. What could be the problem? How should I move ahed to fix this problem?

Please help!!!!

Thanks.
#51081 by lbmofo
Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:46 pm
Seems like you have landline integration; did you check the connection from "wall" port to the phone jack?
#51084 by telouser
Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:26 pm
No I haven't check with this port. I'll check with this port later as I don't have connector for that port at this time. BTW what's landline integration problem?

Thank you for your quick response.
#51089 by lbmofo
Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:00 pm
Since you were talking about havning a working landline, I thought you are using your landline with ooma device. Is that right? or did you get a different number for ooma?
#51091 by telouser
Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:25 pm
No i mean the phone itself works fine with landline. I am not using landline number with ooma. I got a new number through ooma for this device.
#51297 by telouser
Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:56 am
Okay. I ran http://setup.ooma.com and the status shows that all Network - Modem/Home/Ooma Tunnel are connected, services DNS/Web Server/VPN are running and Telephony is unavailable. Could this be a firmware issue? What can I do next?
#51314 by WayneDsr
Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:11 am
Have you rebooted the ooma unit? Turn it off for 30 seconds and then back on.

Can you receive calls?

If you press the voicemail button can you hear the voicemail announcement?

Have you tried a known working phone cable?

Are you plugging your phone into the PHONE jack on the unit and NOT the WALL Jack (I've done this by accident).

Wayne