Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#48145 by jamie985
Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:41 pm
PLEASE GET COMPETENT REVIEW PROCESSES IN PLACE TO MAKE TECH SUPPORT A USEFUL SERVICE; CURRENTLY IT IS VERY CLOSE TO WORTHLESS!!!!! THEY ARE LOCATED IN THE PHILIPINES AND THEY ARE NOT TECHNICALLY COMPETENT; THEY ARE JUST MESSAGE TAKERS!!!

I am getting very fed up with tech support. They do not seem to have any engineers in their support process to evaluation problems; furthermore tech support does not seem interested in sending problems to the design team to solve. They don't seem to understand basic troubleshooting processes and logic. If there is an issue, you should pass it up the chain of command to be evaluated. While very polite, they don't understand this is how issues are solved'/addressed. They just want to take a report and be done with it. ARE THEY OUTSOURCED TO SOME 3RD WORLD COUNTRY?!!

I have had an ongoing problem for over 2 months. Support either drops the phone call (twice) or puts me on a never ending hold and doesn’t call back even though they have the phone number; VERY FRUSTRATING AND UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

Here is the issue. There is clearly a network protocol interference problem between the OOMA Telo and the Canon Imageclass MF8350CDN printer. This happens even with the fax line from the printer completely disconnected. I initially thought it was a power voltage drop issue, but the symptoms below prove it is a network interference issue and not a power issue.

INTERFERENCE BETWEEN TELO AND PRINTER; when a call comes in, there is a relay in the printer that audibly clicks. When the call is finished, there is another printer audible relay click. So there is interference/crosstalk between the OOMA Telo and the printer.

INTERFERENCE BETWEEN PRINTER AND THE TELO: When I print, the Telo sometimes goes into “do not disturb” mode. If I am on a call when I print, sometimes the ongoing call will go dead and the person calling in will be instantly directed to my voicemail (with voicemail message). So there is interference/crosstalk between the printer and the OOMA Telo.

Clearly, OOMA needs to do some work in their IP protocols; the more people who use Canon Imageclass printers along with OOMA will probably have this issue; support just doesn't seem to understand and they seem uninterested in addressing this issue. .
#48151 by jamie985
Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:30 pm
As tech support was not forthcoming, I wanted to ensure someone from OOMA with the means to address a technical issue saw this post. It was not clear which topic to post it under because they do not have a "suppor isssues" forum, so I posted on both forums to try and get someone at OOMA to notice.

If they added a "support issues" forum, there would be no need to post anywhere other than that.
#48153 by southsound
Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:48 pm
jamie985 wrote:As tech support was not forthcoming, I wanted to ensure someone from OOMA with the means to address a technical issue saw this post. It was not clear which topic to post it under because they do not have a "suppor isssues" forum, so I posted on both forums to try and get someone at OOMA to notice.

If they added a "support issues" forum, there would be no need to post anywhere other than that.

This may come as a complete surprise to a new person to ooma, but this is a USER forum. Although there is an occasional visit from one of the ooma moderators, we help each other. Of course this isn't really a surprise to you because several other users tried to help you with the issue before.

If it makes you feel better to blow off steam, great - I can ignore even duplicate posts pretty easily. But if you want to get through to ooma management, why not click the company link at the bottom of every page and see if you can't find some names - then call through the corporate switchboard. I'm sure you will have a much better chance of reaching them than on the forum.
#48170 by amoney
Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:04 pm
Following up from your previous thread...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6166

To recap...

You have a Canon all in one that is connected via a network cable to your local area network.

Both issues (call drop and do not disturb) occurs even with the fax line disconnected?

Does the audible click happen with the fax line disconnected?

The audio click may be normal, and just be the effect of the line going off hook -just a guess.

I do not recall your setup, but if you do modem>ooma>router, that would isolate the network and be a good test to your theory, if however the issue happens again, that would point the blame back to power.

Last note, again not sure if this was covered in the other threads but, check to make sure in your setup.ooma.com (connect to the HOME port of Ooma) that the device is set to use its own built in MAC address, not use automatic.

I understand your frustration and insistance that its a Ooma problem, you may be very well correct.

But we are just cautioning you that there may be power problem or issue with the Canon laser printer.