Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#47634 by jdorin
Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 am
When callers inhibit their Caller IDs from displaying their REAL phone numbers, issuing the "RESTRICTED" ID, instead, I want to bar all RESTRICTED calls. If they don't think enough of themselves to announce who they are, I have no interest in receiving such calls.

Can the Ooma Blacklisting feature provide this capability, somehow? If not, is there some other way of inhibiting these calls?

Please, Ooma techs, say there is a way to accomplish this :!:
#47637 by murphy
Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:42 am
Doesn't the block anonymous calls setting catch these callers?
#47644 by jdorin
Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:11 am
Well, yeah, I guess that will stop such calls. I had failed to consider that the various messages, in place of a real number, were being generically referred to as "Anonymous."

I've now enabled that function in Security, but here's a similar question:

Some of the telemarketing calls (generic pharmacy calls from India), I receive come in with a phone number like (05) 221-0558. I want to block these little piggies, too. But will Ooma's Blacklister recognize that as a phone number (which it can block) or as an Anonymous call, which can be disabled, or neither?

I'm also receiving spoofs like: (111) 111-1111, which Ooma shouldn't have any trouble blocking.