Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#47574 by crusader
Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:20 pm
Hi,

Story: Got Ooma Hub, installed it. Time to transfer phone number. Oh, great -- get a subscription to Premier and transfer is free. Awesome! When filling the forms forgot to switch (default) monthly subscription to yearly. Ok, no big deal -- I'll call support they'll change it or cancel it (and I'll fill that form again). How hard it could be, right? Just a click in some system, update an entry in some database...

It turned out to be quite a challenge! Since 2nd of February:
- 3 calls (last call I was told that 'we'll raise priority of your request')
- zero, null effect whatsoever

Guys, if you read your forums, listen -- are you kidding me? Is it THAT hard? I did not even started my phone number transfer -- it'll take another month, I guess... I am tired at discovering this thing in my todo list every morning. Please, just do it!

Michael.
#47594 by murphy
Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:35 am
When you called CS did you select sales instead of technical support?
Technical support is in the Philippines.
#47607 by caseybea
Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:58 am
On January 8th, about a week after I purchased and installed (and tested) my Ooma Core (Hub)-- I decided that while the premiere service had some neat stuff, it still wasn't ready for prime-time (in other words, not QUITE enough value to warrant me paying $120 a year... maybe later? Google Voice extensions for the hub, anyone?). I emailed customer support asking if I could have my premium trial service expired early - no sense using it if I wasn't going to buy it.

A week later, after no response (and subsequently discovering, emails to ooma seem to go down a black hole), i *called* Customer Support and tried dealing with my issue that way.

Yesterday (Feb 17th) - a good *5 weeks*+ after my original email query to customer support, I got an answer......

Um... yeah, THAT kind of timely support model is going to work. :shock:
#47705 by crusader
Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:34 pm
murphy wrote:When you called CS did you select sales instead of technical support?

Do not remember. I selected what ever was most appropriate from my point of view. What I should have selected?

Btw here is case ref # -- CS-29383.