Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#45073 by rghn
Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:13 pm
My Ooma has not be operational since Friday, January 29th. I spent lots of time on the phone with unhelpful support staff beginning at 3:45 that day. Was told that the software in my device was being updated and would take 24-48 for the update. I was told that I would receive a call back which I did not receive. I called again. Finally I was told that my device was not accepting the new software and that they were checking the "logs." I went through a whole series of unplug and plug in again with the "tech." At 6:30 pm I was told that they would replace my device in 3 to 5 days and that I would receive a tracking number via email.

I waited until Tuesday, February 2nd and called again at 5:20 pm EST. Was told that they would follow up on my replacement, but that it had not been authorized. Was told that a message was being sent to a Level 2 tech support person. Did not receive the promised call back. I called again and was told that the matter would have to wait until tomorrow. Then I was told (by Brian in the Philippines) that my replacement would be shipped in 7-10 days and that I would receive the tracking number in 24 to 48 hours.

This is a very strange way to do business!
#45074 by ntoy
Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:21 pm
Hello,

Currently I see your ticket in the queue for a RMA. Our RMA team has been a little backed up. Once they process
your RMA, you'll be receiving a UPS shipment.
#45075 by rghn
Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:27 pm
What is RMA? What is your best guess about when my replacement will be shipped? Are there that many problems with Ooma that replacement shipments are being delayed?
#45076 by murphy
Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:41 pm
rghn wrote:What is RMA? What is your best guess about when my replacement will be shipped? Are there that many problems with Ooma that replacement shipments are being delayed?

Return Material Authorization
#45085 by Bill D
Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:03 pm
My Hub now has software Rev: 33454.33454. Is that the latest Rev?
#45096 by murphy
Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:41 pm
Bill D wrote:My Hub now has software Rev: 33454.33454. Is that the latest Rev?

Yes.