Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#44623 by murphy
Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:37 pm
Potts wrote:murphy. I have the Hub & Scout and have problems sending faxes. I fax maybe once or twice a year using an HP 5610, before porting over from AT&T I never had a problem. We have Premier and never called CS although I did read many postings for trouble shooting.

As far as Ooma telephone I'm very happy all features work, I just can't send a fax. Any tips?

Set the baud rate to 9600.
Turn off ECM (error correction mode)
Precede the fax phone number with *99 pause
#44632 by Potts
Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:53 pm
murphy . I should have posted that I'm using the Scout for faxing . My settings are correct to your posting.
#44640 by murphy
Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:56 pm
Potts wrote:murphy . I should have posted that I'm using the Scout for faxing . My settings are correct to your posting.

Faxing is known to be problematic from the scout.
The recommendation is to use the hub for faxing.
#44660 by Potts
Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:13 pm
So the Scout is only used as a 2nd line for talking and nothing more. I only want to understand
#44666 by murphy
Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:47 pm
Potts wrote:So the Scout is only used as a 2nd line for talking and nothing more. I only want to understand

Correct.
#44670 by Potts
Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:43 pm
Thanks murphy, I have a clear understanding now. I'll need to redo some wiring (no big deal) I'm just a kid at 56. Your postings remind me of a high school teacher I had. Once again murphy Thank You for the advice and your time.
#47469 by drfstuff
Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 am
Maybe I'm missing something, but there is no phone number listed in Preferences>System....only the option to switch to 10 digit dialing. No sure what the Hub vs telo has to do with anything.
#47506 by OldMacGuy
Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:03 pm
With the Ooma Telo unit:

Go To: my.ooma.com

Select Preferences

Select Phone number on Left side menu.

Click on your phone number shown: either line 1 (or Line 2 if you have it)

The Header of pop up menu will be "Manage phone numbers"

Bottom of page click: Enable Fax Mode.
#47617 by TheWGP
Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:21 am
Hmm, how long does it take for one to be able to select Fax Mode? I just set up a new phone number for incoming faxes with a distinctive ring pattern, and it's not letting me select Fax Mode - it says "unavailable, try again later" or something. I assume this is because I just created the number, right? At least adding a phone number on the My Ooma WORKS now :D