Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#43749 by soke2001
Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:44 pm
Man, I wish Ooma CS was better. I purchased my equipment at Costco. Intallations was a breeze and my service was up and running in no time. I signed up for a full year of Premium subscription for $99.00 + free porting.

My account shows my service level to be "Premier, Free Trial". It also states that my subscription begins in 56 days.

These are the issues:

1: After calling CS. A rep told me there was no such thing as a 1 years subcription to ooma + free porting for $99.00. When I told her that the webpage currently shows that offer she said their IT deparment had forgotten to update the wepage with the new pricing and that the correct amount was $119.99. She refused to offer the price advertised ON HER WEBPAGE.

2: I tried to add a "International Bundle" to my account. The Rep said I couldn't because my Premium level was only in trial period. I told her I had already signed up for 1year of Premium service and she said I had to wait 60 days until my trial period ended to become ilegible for the Internationa Bundle service. Even after the fact that she can see that I requested to be signed up for a full year of service. Upon this, she "manually" added the International Bundle to my account. The problem is I can't see this international bundle on "MY OOMA". She said in order for me to see it I had to re-boot my ooma hardware.

When I got home I rebooted my equipment (Which made no sense), and my account funds didn't show the International Bundle. I called CS again and the CS rep said she could see it in my account and asked me to wait at least 24 hrs for the system to re-set. One week later, I still show no International bundle.

So here I am, waiting for my trial period (60 days) to expire so my non-trial premium level can kick in. In the meantime, I'm afraid to call International for fear of getting charged more than I have to and then not to be able to resolve this over the phone.

It is very frustrating. I tried sening emails instead of calling, but none of my emails have been replied to. Does anybody have any ideas of what I should do?
#43753 by caseybea
Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:26 pm
Did you really need to create a new thread, since you posted the exact same message in another thread?
#43808 by soke2001
Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:25 pm
I thought I had deleted my previous post. Sorry guys, didn't mean to mess up the mood.

Anyways, today I called CS again and talked to a Supervisor names Sarah. Sarah was able to fix my problem and I'm up and running without a problem.

It took five calls and the same number of emails to get my issue fixed. Everytime, the CS techs I worked with were nice and tried to fix my problem, but they just couldn't. It wasn't until I talked to a Supervisor that the issue was fixed. She said she would call me after a few hours. She never did, but I do see the issue fixed in my account, which is what I needed.

So if you have problems with CS, just ask for a Supervisor and you'll be fine.