Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#42527 by Smokenshot
Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:30 am
For the life of me I still do not have a clear understanding if I am going to be able to install my Ademco Alarm system with my Ooma Telo. I have searched dozens of threads here and elsewhere and have yet to find someone that can definitively state that they have done this install and most importantly that it works. My configuration is below and just possibly I may be able to understand at some point if this can be done. I understand that many alarm companies are reluctant to use VOIP with alarms due to the liability in the event the network is down. The other possibility is that I will need to go cellular and have that as my main source of communications. Thank you in advance for any information that may be provided!

Ademco Vista 10SE
Ademco 5800 Transmitter Module
Wireless Setup throughout house

Verizon Fios Internet 25/5
#42531 by bw1
Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:47 am
Maybe you found these threads already, but just in case:
search.php?keywords=ademco+alarm&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

search.php?keywords=alarm&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Otherwise, hopefully another user with more experience with alarms can help.
I know others have successfully gotten their alarm to work with Ooma.
#42598 by qchau
Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:07 pm
Well, I'd just recently had Watchlight help me reprogram my DSC 1555MX system to with my ooma hub and telo. I have both and tested with both and the central station was able to pickup signal from my hub and telo. One thing to note is to put a *99 and pause before dialing the central number. Another thing they did to get the panel to talk to the central system was to lower the speed of the panel. And if you are worry about power outage then get a battery backup and plug your internet modem and ooma into the battery backup plug. I hope this help.