Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#42473 by bqbauer
Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:36 pm
All toll free numbers I've tried, including 866, 877, 888, and 800 numbers ring busy for me tonight. The ONE exception is Ooma tech support, but of course I discovered this after hours. If I call from my cell or via Google Voice, all work fine. I've sent support an email, but they usually take several weeks to respond, if at all. Anyone know what's up or if there is anything I can do from my end?

I do not have 10-digit dialing enabled and have not changed my settings in months.
#42489 by amoney
Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:11 pm
There seems to be a problem affecting everyone, hopefully Ooma can prove themselves and are working on this as we speak.

A notice would be nice.
#42561 by bqbauer
Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:28 am
Seems to be fixed now. There are several posts about this in another forum as well. None that I saw have any comment from anyone at Ooma.
#42562 by murphy
Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:34 am
jdealman wrote:Same problem here! First thing I thought was perhaps At&t began to block Ooma calls as they own the toll free lines. :(

Why would you think that? The called party pays for the call and AT&T gets a cut of the payment.
#43542 by bqbauer
Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:10 am
Just an FYI, after submitting two separate tickets to Ooma "Customer Support", they have not responded. The problem resolved later that evening, but as predicted they have not communicated with me.
#44720 by cjh43
Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:29 am
I've been having a problem calling 800 numbers for the last several days -- thought it was my phone system, so glad I discovered these postings. Interestingly, my problem seems to occur at night and often is resolved by the following morning, only to repeat the cycle again the next evening. Stranger was that sometimes the call went through when I engaged the speaker phone feature but not when I used the handset "normally." How bizarre is that??!! If Ooma can't deliver 800 service, they ought to mention that in their literature.