Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#41628 by caseybea
Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:16 am
So, assuming all goes well with my Ooma testing (goo thus far!), I'm just curious:

Right now I log into the My Ooma page with my (ooma-only) phone number and password.

Once I submit, receive, and have processed my landline porting request, what happens to my ooma account? Do I log in with my ported number? Or do I have to make or submit some type of account change request, or?

Thanks.
#41661 by caseybea
Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:03 am
Cool! As a followup , what happens to my second number? (that is, the ooma-assigned number I have NOW). Will it hang around for a little while (attached to my account), or does that ONLY happen, if, when I do the port, if I have also subscribed to premiere?

I'm still on the fence if I want to continue premiere or not. Reason I bring it up, is the number I got from ooma is quite similar to my landline number; would be cool to keep it for a little bit while I make the ultimate decision.
#41663 by Groundhound
Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 am
caseybea wrote:Cool! As a followup , what happens to my second number? (that is, the ooma-assigned number I have NOW). Will it hang around for a little while (attached to my account), or does that ONLY happen, if, when I do the port, if I have also subscribed to premiere?

I'm still on the fence if I want to continue premiere or not. Reason I bring it up, is the number I got from ooma is quite similar to my landline number; would be cool to keep it for a little bit while I make the ultimate decision.

While you are in your Premier trial you can keep it as your second number, but I would give customer service a call and let them know that's what you want.
#41752 by amoney
Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:45 pm
People have varying expereinces.

When I ported my landline, my temp Ooma number disappeared all together. And I even purchased Premier.

I would highly recommend speaking with CS to be sure you keep the temp number.

Remember if you purchase Premier you get the port at no cost (39 bucks savings).