Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#41361 by stubeeef
Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:45 pm
Just got it at BB and it registered and did a download.
When I call my home phone number it gives me a busy tone, even though the phone is NOT busy.
I did fill out the paperwork to port that number to my Ooma-but that was barely a week ago. My home phone still rings with it's original number.
Anyone know why it is saying my home number is busy when it is not?

Secondly, how can I find out if it has the most uptodate firmware?
#41386 by Groundhound
Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:31 pm
stubeeef wrote:Just got it at BB and it registered and did a download.
When I call my home phone number it gives me a busy tone, even though the phone is NOT busy.
I did fill out the paperwork to port that number to my Ooma-but that was barely a week ago. My home phone still rings with it's original number.
Anyone know why it is saying my home number is busy when it is not?

Secondly, how can I find out if it has the most uptodate firmware?

Are you calling your Ooma number from your Ooma to check voice mail, or calling from another number?
Your Telo, DECT base, and Telo Handset firmware versions are all displayed in the Handset's Information screen, which is at the bottom of the Handset menu (scroll down). You'll see a Version number, PTCL number, and FTCL number (again scroll down). Currently the Telo firmware version is 32829, and the PTCL & FTCL numbers end with 20091228.
#41402 by stubeeef
Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:34 pm
no I was using my Ooma to call my present home number that has not been ported to my Ooma yet.
The Ooma has only one number, not a number I have had before getting and activating the ooma.
When I use it to call my regular home phone-I get a busy signal even though they are not tied together in any way, and the line is NOT in use at my house.
Strange if you ask me, just curious if this is something going on with others.

Stu
#41415 by Groundhound
Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:31 am
I find that I often get a busy signal if I dial a number manually (too slow I guess) but if I dial it again using redial it goes through. Try it again but enter the numbers before pressing the dial button.
#41437 by stubeeef
Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:50 am
Groundhound wrote:I find that I often get a busy signal if I dial a number manually (too slow I guess) but if I dial it again using redial it goes through. Try it again but enter the numbers before pressing the dial button.

Still get a busy signal.
wierd.
#41588 by Groundhound
Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:43 pm
Pretty strange. I guess if it only happens to you calling your landline number from your Ooma number (correct?), it sounds like something in the porting process on Ooma's end happened before it was supposed to, and will likely be resolved once the port is complete.
#41592 by SDGeek
Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:33 pm
Same thing happening to me. I just figured it was part of the porting process. Exactly what was just said by Groundhound. I suspect that Ooma has pre=staged my account with the needed info for the port and are just waiting for my LEC to follow through on the port request. It is scheduled for the 21st. Home phone works fine when called from my work phone or cell phones and still rings when others call, just get a busy when called from my Ooma line with temporary phone number.