Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#41346 by bruhowes
Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:52 pm
Hi
I'm suddenly having problems. I have old Ooma system which i obtained a few years ago directly from you. They system has worked fine until recently.
As of yesterday, the system has not worked right. I was noticing that - without being used - the blue light would turn red, it system reboot itself, go blue again. all this without phone use.
However, the system basically isn't working. I can (sometimes?) receive incoming calls. And very rarely I can make outgoing calls even when the Ooma system light is continuously blue. When calls do get through, they are dropped at random points.
Now I don't get a dial tone at all.
I have tried rebooting my modem, my Ooma hub & router several times. No difference before or after.
I have a second VOIP system attached to this network (MagicJack, for work) which is working fine. BTW, it hasn't caused conflicts before and I have had it working w/Ooma for several months w/o any problems.
Help!
#41634 by Groundhound
Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:48 am
The whichvoip test that bw1 linked to provides more important tests than speed for VoIP, those results are available on the Advanced tab presented after the test is complete. If you post the results here it might shed some light on the problem.

Also, how do you have your Ooma Hub connected relative to the rest of your network: modem, router, switches, computers, wired or wireless, etc.
#42302 by bruhowes
Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:20 pm
Thanks for thew help. Everything seems to have resolved itself & Ooma is back working fine after being out for unknown reason for several days. My speed was fine using different tests, including one you recommended.
I have no idea what/why its fixed itself.
THANKS FOR HELP!
Case closed.
#60674 by bw1
Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:50 pm
Did you check with CS?

You may want to check your Internet connection using the VoIP speetest link above when you have a dropped call.

Also, you can keep track of the calls from your call log that dropped and let CS know so that they can check their logs.

And finally, you may want to have CS change your username if that's your phone number.