Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#41040 by mike4954
Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:17 am
Hi all, Brand new to Ooma.
Just noticed when I dial certain exchanges within my area code all I get is a busy signal. I tried 6 different exchanges and got a busy signal in 3 of them. Then I tried a few different numbers within those exchanges and the same thing busy signals. Has anyone else had a similar problem. I call customer support but they couldn't give me an answer. I don't want to give up on Ooma yet.
#41048 by Groundhound
Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:48 am
Try dialing with redial or an autodialer and see if that makes any difference. I notice sometimes that if I manually dial a number I get a busy signal but if I then press redial it goes through.
#44877 by sandyink
Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:01 pm
I have the same problem, but with a different area code. Whenever I call my home phone (714) area code from my work phone (949) area code I get a silent pause and then a fast busy signal. I can call with my cell phone or from any other phone to my home phone & it works correctly.
#51359 by dlessnau
Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:52 am
I just installed Ooma and it receives calls but 90% of calls I try to make receive a busy signal. I was using the $40.00 Magic Jack and had no problems other than sometimes poor sound. Hope this gets fixed. If not, back to Best Buy for a refund. If it is fixed, I'll post again.