Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#38775 by 280zx
Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:00 pm
I just set up an ooma telo last night and I can make and receive calls fine. However, when I go to https://my.ooma.com/system and disable the connection tone and enable 10 digit dialing, it doesn't transfer to the actual ooma box. In other words the tone still plays and I have to dial a 1 for numbers out of my area code. Any suggestions on how to get the web settings to actually apply themselves? Thanks.
#38785 by 280zx
Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:21 pm
I just checked and 10 digit dialing is working now but the tone still plays even when set to disabled. Not a huge deal but It would be nice to have it working as intended.
#38786 by southsound
Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:31 pm
Might be a tad of confusion as to what the connection tone is. It is the musical tone that is played after you finish dialing the number you are calling. It messes with some cell phone voicemail systems and is generally a nuiscence, so they allow you to configure whether or not you want it.

The ooma dialtone is the little musical thing that plays just before your phone goes to standard dialtone. It is not configurable and serves as a way of letting folks know that they are using ooma and not a backup landline (if installed and configured). Some folks even call it the "sound of saving money" tone.

Welcome to ooma and to the forum!