Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#39516 by Vayu
Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:25 pm
Finally... someone picked up the call and I told her the whole story again... (I guess it is more than 20+ times now)

After hearing the story she told me that "you never bought the Buy-out program. We don't see any such kind of transaction for your account."

I gave her the Ticket ID and she said this ID does not exist

When I started screaming then she said .. oh yeah.. I found the ticket ID and asked me to hold on..

After couple of mins.... she said we are working on it and we will call you back after some time.

I said ... no! you need to resolve it right away.. and if you can not then I need to talk to your manager....

Ans: he is busy and he will give you a call after 10 mins...

Dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Vayu on Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
#39517 by Vayu
Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:28 pm
funone46 wrote:I had the same issues. Bobby B. jumped on it the other day and turns out they needed to create a new account to make it active. He had a few people work on it and with in hours it was complete . And now have lifetime premier

How to get hold of Bobby B.? Looks like customer service does not know their own business... and making customer frustrated and very disappointed..
#39518 by bw1
Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:37 pm
Vayu wrote:I just came back from holiday vacation and now things have changed a lot..

- My online password has changed. No issues.. I've reset it.
- Now, it is treating me as a new subscriber.
- Instead of Showing me a Buy-out customer, it is showing my status as Premier trial (60 Days)

Wow! it is interesting..

I dialed ooma Customer service number and no one is picking up the call since last 30 mins....

Still waiting for the response.. No doubt.. it worst possible service.. till now no email communication or a phone call from ooma (they made so many changes in my account.. and no updates from them..)

Shame on them....

Till now I was just saying good words about ooma to every one.. but, this is height of worst customer service... not feeling like to recommend any one .. just because of the horrible customer service and the way handle accounts and requests..

BAD BAD BAD...

Vayu wrote:Finally... someone picked up the call and I told her the whole story again... (I guess it is more than 20+ times now)

After hearing the story she told me that you never bought the Buy-out program. We don't see any transaction for your account.

I gave her the Ticket ID and she said this ID does not exist

When I started screaming then she said .. oh yeah.. I found the ticket ID and asked me to hold on..

After couple of mins.... she said we are working on it and we will call you back after some time.

I said ... no! you need to resolve it right away.. and if you can not then I need to talk to your manager....

Ans: he is busy and he will give you a call after 10 mins...

Dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit your whining!

Yes, they're having problems. They'll get it worked out. Save your rants for when you don't have dial tone.

Yesterday, I activated a Hub for someone and the account -> system page in MyOoma showed it as a Telo and the Premier subscription with port was listed at $119.99 instead of $99.99. I called up sales support and was told that it was because the new price starting next year is $119.99 and that it would get processed at $99.99. If it didn't, we could call back and they would make it right.

I suspect that with the issues they're having, it will be charged at $119.99 and we'll have to call back. I'm also sure that they will refund the $20 if it's wrong.
#39524 by ooma1113
Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:53 pm
Well I just upgraded tp Premier Lifetime and it reflects already on my account page. I am psyched I will not pay the regulatory charge since I have Hub Scout combination. Getting thru to support was tough but what do you expect when today is the last day of the offer. I had to wait some time on a normal day .I'm glad I have Ooma. Customer support aside this service rocks when it comes to phone service! :D :D
#39528 by southsound
Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:02 pm
bw1 wrote:

Oh Oh, looks like my friend bw1 is going to be in my anger management class. :P

Have a great New Year and we'll see if the whiners don't subside after Jan 1. OK, I guess I'm dreaming. Maybe maybe I'll go to a meeting.
#39531 by bw1
Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:06 pm
southsound wrote:
bw1 wrote:

Oh Oh, looks like my friend bw1 is going to be in my anger management class. :P

Have a great New Year and we'll see if the whiners don't subside after Jan 1. OK, I guess I'm dreaming. Maybe maybe I'll go to a meeting.

LOL! Have a happy New Year southsound! Don't drink too much champagne tonight!
Last edited by bw1 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#39533 by southsound
Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:09 pm
bw1 wrote: LOL! Have a happy New Year southsound! Don't drink to much champagne tonight!

No chance of too much champagne. However, Walmart's strawberry fizzy water, that's a possibility. And come to think of it, the label says Clear American - but it's made in Canada. Did something happen I'm not aware of? Like Canada, the 51st state??
#39556 by bw1
Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:50 pm
southsound wrote:
bw1 wrote: LOL! Have a happy New Year southsound! Don't drink to much champagne tonight!

No chance of too much champagne. However, Walmart's strawberry fizzy water, that's a possibility. And come to think of it, the label says Clear American - but it's made in Canada. Did something happen I'm not aware of? Like Canada, the 51st state??

Oops! nevermind!
#39653 by Vayu
Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:57 am
bw1 wrote:

Yes, they're having problems. They'll get it worked out. Save your rants for when you don't have dial tone.

What do you mean? should I wait for the moment when there is no dial tone. How do you know that "THEY WILL GET IT WORKED OUT" So far I don't see any progress (almost 4 weeks now).

They do not follow up. It does not make any sense to call them every time and tell them the whole story once again. Can't they maintain user-calling log?

On top of it... if they are unable to provide the service for what I've already paid in full then what are they doing there?

As per my last message..." they promised me that some one will call me back in 10 mins.." I waited whole day and nobody called back... and I know that now I need to call them again and need to repeat the whole story..
#39665 by amoney
Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:21 am
Vayu wrote:
bw1 wrote:

What do you mean? should I wait for the moment when there is no dial tone. How do you know that "THEY WILL GET IT WORKED OUT" So far I don't see any progress (almost 4 weeks now).

They do not follow up. It does not make any sense to call them every time and tell them the whole story once again. Can't they maintain user-calling log?

On top of it... if they are unable to provide the service for what I've already paid in full then what are they doing there?

As per my last message..." they promised me that some one will call me back in 10 mins.." I waited whole day and nobody called back... and I know that now I need to call them again and need to repeat the whole story..

1. Cancel Ooma altogether and go to the competition.

2. Dispute via your Credit Card.

Yes your right your getting awfull support, but there are alternatives. You dont need to get this worked up. I would not.