Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#38019 by java007md
Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:54 pm
I've searched a bit, but have not found a related post or information in the KnowledgeBase.

I'm a new Ooma user - I have my hub setup and working fine with a primary phone number. When I try to add a second number through the My Ooma, Preferences, Phone Number page, I can find a list of available number- however, clicking one of the numbers does not assign the number.

Am I missing something obvious or is there an issue with using this functionality at the moment? I tried both FireFox and IE with the same result.

Another issue I'm running into is that the Scout is also proving to be a challenge (the four lights at the bottom are lit up) - more testing is needed, including connecting directly to the hub. Based on other posts, the house wiring is a possible root cause.

Thanks for any suggestions.
#38022 by DougInAZ
Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:04 pm
You aren't the only one that can't select a new number.

It's bad enough that after a couple days, it still doesn't work. And it's even worse when you call customer service, never get to talk to a human and have to listen to weird music that fades in an out like it's coming from another galaxy until you give up and hang up.

I hope this isn't an omen.
#39124 by twmark
Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:36 am
I also can't seem to get a secondary number. I had my phone number ported over and the original primary number no longer works. Otherwise I love this Ooma phone!
#39126 by Groundhound
Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:41 am
twmark wrote:I also can't seem to get a secondary number. I had my phone number ported over and the original primary number no longer works. Otherwise I love this Ooma phone!

Are you a Premier customer? If so your old primary number should have become your second number when your port went through. You'll need to call customer service to resolve the problem.
#42552 by Groundhound
Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:21 am
TomRalph wrote:I am unable to register an additional number as well. I have used Firefox 3 - 3.6 and IE 6, 7, 8... Any ideas?

There is a website issue with adding a second number, you'll need to call customer service to add it for you.