Unable to add secondary number

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
java007md

Unable to add secondary number

Post by java007md » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:54 pm

I've searched a bit, but have not found a related post or information in the KnowledgeBase.

I'm a new Ooma user - I have my hub setup and working fine with a primary phone number. When I try to add a second number through the My Ooma, Preferences, Phone Number page, I can find a list of available number- however, clicking one of the numbers does not assign the number.

Am I missing something obvious or is there an issue with using this functionality at the moment? I tried both FireFox and IE with the same result.

Another issue I'm running into is that the Scout is also proving to be a challenge (the four lights at the bottom are lit up) - more testing is needed, including connecting directly to the hub. Based on other posts, the house wiring is a possible root cause.

Thanks for any suggestions.

DougInAZ

Re: Unable to add secondary number

Post by DougInAZ » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:04 pm

You aren't the only one that can't select a new number.

It's bad enough that after a couple days, it still doesn't work. And it's even worse when you call customer service, never get to talk to a human and have to listen to weird music that fades in an out like it's coming from another galaxy until you give up and hang up.

I hope this isn't an omen.

twmark

Post by twmark » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:36 am

I also can't seem to get a secondary number. I had my phone number ported over and the original primary number no longer works. Otherwise I love this Ooma phone!

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:41 am

twmark wrote:I also can't seem to get a secondary number. I had my phone number ported over and the original primary number no longer works. Otherwise I love this Ooma phone!
Are you a Premier customer? If so your old primary number should have become your second number when your port went through. You'll need to call customer service to resolve the problem.

TomRalph

Post by TomRalph » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:20 am

I am unable to register an additional number as well. I have used Firefox 3 - 3.6 and IE 6, 7, 8... Any ideas?

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:21 am

TomRalph wrote:I am unable to register an additional number as well. I have used Firefox 3 - 3.6 and IE 6, 7, 8... Any ideas?
There is a website issue with adding a second number, you'll need to call customer service to add it for you.