Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#36836 by TCroly
Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:05 pm
Is it possible to have 2 Ooma hubs on one internet connection?

The setup i am proposing is thaT ONE HUB AND SCOUT WILL BE BEFORE THE ROUTER AND THE OTHER ooma hub only WILL BE BEHIND THE ROUTER.
#36837 by murphy
Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:06 pm
It can be done but you must change the DHCP IP address range issued by one of them.
#36841 by TCroly
Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:22 pm
murphy wrote:It can be done but you must change the DHCP IP address range issued by one of them.

Thanks for the fast reply, but the language you are speaking is greek to me??

I have to go where and change what?

Are there associated problems with doing this?

Thanks
#36843 by Aveamantium
Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:27 pm
Depends on your setup... I have a hub and a Telo using default configurations and I've had the following Modem>Hub>Router>Telo; Modem>Telo>Router>Hub; and Modem>Router>Telo and Hub (current config) and I have no problems what so ever. However, like Murphy mentioned some people have had to change one of the hubs subnets to something other than 172.27.35.X to something like 172.27.36.X to get them to work on the same LAN. Don't worry, it can be done and if you have issues report back and we can walk you through it.
#36846 by Bobby B
Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:54 pm
Good guide from jtykal -- these instructions will also work when the network has two Hubs "chained" together:
------------------------------------
My setup:
Modem > Ooma Hub > Router > Ooma Telo

Like many others in this thread, I found that this configuration would not work "out of the box". Bobby's answer provided the key -- the Ooma Hub and Ooma Telo CANNOT have the same HOME port IP address! By default, they will both be 172.27.35.1.

Without completely re-hashing the details, I will give you the EASY-PEASY solution that worked for me:

1. Connect a computer to the HOME NETWORK port on the Telo.
  2. In a browser, go to http://setup.ooma.com. (If this fails, use the IP address: 172.27.35.1).
  3. In the Advanced Settings, change the Home Port IP Address for the Telo to 172.27.36.1.
  4. Similarly, change the Start/End DHCP addresses to be on the 172.27.36 subnet instead of 172.27.35.
  5. Press the "Update" button.
  6. Power-cycle the Telo, watch in amazement as your Ooma logo changes from (fast) flashing blue to solid red to flashing red and finally to (slow) flashing blue.
  7. Power-cycle the Telo again and within minutes it will be solid blue!
#36910 by oomg
Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:31 am
TCroly wrote:
murphy wrote:It can be done but you must change the DHCP IP address range issued by one of them.

Thanks for the fast reply, but the language you are speaking is greek to me??

I think you meant to say ".. the language you are speaking is geek to me..."
#36993 by tommies
Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:08 pm
I have both the hub and telo behind my router, and the router handles QoS. No problem at all. My DSL is capped at 1.5Mb down and 256Kb up.

The only setting I change is for the ooma devices use its own build in MAC addresses.