Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#36238 by dennist
Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:26 pm
Since yesterday, 12/6/09, I have received several voicemails. These messages showed up from nowhere. Here is the story:

I was sitting in front of my ooma hub. The voicemail red light blinked by itself for no reason while the telephone was NOT ringing. I listened to the message and found the contents had nothing to do with me. I received the email notifications from ooma. However, when I checked the log, there was no record of these incoming calls.

I don’t have ooma Premier service. I have tested my ooma number by calling from my cell phone and make sure there is no “Do Not Disturb” feature activated.

Does it mean ooma system put other numbers’ voicemails into my inbox?
#36401 by RickyB
Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:59 pm
I've had a different but perhaps related issue. A couple times when I've called my home (ooma) number from work I've gotten the voicemail of someone else's line. When I hang up and redial the number I get the correct line. Both times this has happened it has been the same incorrect line (not random numbers). Is this happening to anyone else?
#37238 by RickyB
Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:18 pm
No, they did not, which is why I know they didn't go to my account. And I'm pretty sure I dialed the number correctly. I've never dialed incorrectly before, and strange that it would start happening shortly after I switched to ooma.
#38366 by reasonwhy
Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:12 pm
I, too, have had some odd issues with the message service. For instance, I know that 2 people called and left messages for me today (they told me when I initiated a call to them at a later time). However, there is no record of incoming calls on my call log, and there are no recorded messages either. Which leads me to wonder where those messages went. It is a big concern if messages are indeed getting mixed up and sent to other voicemail boxes. Anyone know what the problem might be or what is going on?
#38673 by newmanium
Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:48 am
Has this been resolved? We've been getting TONS of voicemails for other people lately - confirming doctor appointments, items for sale in the local paper, checking to see if "you're ready to head out to dinner".

No record of phone calls made, but ALL of the messages have a number recorded in the VM system - they're not anonymous calls. And they come from all over.

Don't think the phone has rang once for any of these messages. What in the world is going on? We had one message last night, and TWO this morning at 7:30AM. When I google some of the numbers, they're just regular people - one was of a dog breeder in Nebraska.
#38691 by Quicksprj
Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:18 pm
I'm not sure if it's related but I went to my.ooma to see if I still had premier or just core as others reported. I have it set on keep me logged in and I checked and sure enough it said I only had core. I was about to contact ooma when I sawthe number at the top right was someone elses number. Different area code etc. I logged out and logged into my account and I still have premier. Not sure what that's all about. I haven't gotten anyone elses messages.
#38819 by larry j
Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:25 am
I just logged into my ooma page and I have someone else's voicemails and call log. The number at the top of the screen is NOT my number either.

I assume if I'm looking at someone else's info, someone else is looking at mine.

How in the world can this happen?