Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#36172 by charger
Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:02 pm
I just activated my Ooma last week and had premium service for the past week. Then today when I followed up on the number porting that I thought I requested in one of the steps in the activation process, I found that this was not the case. The customer support rep gave me the steps to complete the porting request in My Ooma which I did. After a couple of hours, I found that number the 2 and play buttons were blinking on my Telo. After hitting the play button and not hearing a thing, I decided to check the message on My Ooma. My inbox showed that the message came from the number I was requesting to port and the message was a simple dial tone. I then proceeded to check the other menus in My Ooma to see if I needed to set anything else up and noticed I no longer had premium service but core instead. I'm supposed to have 6 months of premium service for free and a year after that because I pre-paid a year of premium service when I ported my number. Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do?
#36216 by charger
Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:01 am
Hmm, everything looks back to how it was now (I have premium service). I probably should've taken a screen shot last night. I also couldn't add a second number last night. Another peculiar thing I noticed was that weird things happen after business hours. I haven't searched around this forum but when I first got my Ooma, I tried to activate it at around 7pm and it wouldn't work. I then tried the next day at around 5pm and it went through on the first try. Yesterday when I saw I only had Core service, it was at around 8pm. But when I got into work and checked (around 9am), I saw it was back to Premium. Is this coincidence or expected?