Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#32897 by davek
Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:09 am
Hi:

Right now I have the Ooma hub in the equipment room, and a scout in our kitchen. The Hub powers the whole house phone system, and we see we have messages when ther Hub blinks. Obviously, we are not going down the the equipment room every hour to see if that is blinking!

I was wondering if there was a way to tell if there are messages- like the Beep-Beep-Beep in the handset when you pick up? So I can loose the Scout?

Thanks!

Dave
#32898 by just4fn
Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:16 am
The only way to tell is by looking at the blinking scout or hub. Your phone may display by blinking or on the screen may have new messages displayed. It will not give you notification by dial tone.
#32899 by murphy
Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:18 am
I have desk phones that have MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) built in. They all blink when there is a new message.
A cordless phone system that has a built-in answering machine is unlikely to support MWI but those that don't have a built-in answering machine sometimes do.
#32909 by franklasvegas
Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:39 am
I have a Panasonic 6. DECT system - a couple of years old. It is KX-TGA101B.

It has an answering system in the base unit which is set to OFF.

The message waiting light works fine (with my Hub/Scout previously and now my Telo.