Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#32742 by murphy
Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:45 pm
Not at the moment. If you don't answer on the iphone and press 1 the call will go to ooma voice mail. There has been discussion towards making pressing 1 optional but so far it hasn't been implemented.
#32910 by doug
Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:57 am
davek wrote:Can you flat-out turn oFF voicemail on Oooma?

I believe customer service is able to do that, if you would like it to be permanent. But IMHO, your would be better off doing the opposite. Letting an unanswered call be recorded by ooma VM, then sms or email your phone.

One of the issues you would face in the current implementation is a multi-ring call to a cell phone requires the user to press "1" on the phone, which means your caller would never get to the cell voice mail system to leave a message. So until it becomes optional to press 1 to accept a multi-ring call, I don't think you want to do this.
#37018 by jsps999
Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:04 pm
I did this:
1) My Ooma account is optioned to an increased VM answer time to the maximum of 9 rings (54 seconds).
At present I'm only using Ooma for the "free" outgoing USA Toll calls.
2) I still have my landline with the main number on it an outboard answering machine that answers within 5 rings.
3) I don't know yet if a regular outboard answering machine will function directly attached to Ooma.
That combo, Ooma + answering machine might be more convenient than plowing thru Ooma's VM verbose menus.