Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#30605 by rsor
Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:39 pm
Since many phone numbers, especially cell numbers, only list the phone with no name, it would be very beneficial if the My Ooma call log could be enhanced to allow users to amend individual numbers on the call log. Much like adding a number to your cell phone contact list, users could assign a name to phone numbers in our call log. It would likely be an easy programming issue on the My Ooma page.

Being able to see the name on the caller id of frequent callers would be beneficial.

Has that been suggested?
#30610 by murphy
Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:49 am
Call log entries are deleted after 60 days so it would not be very useful.
There have been requests for a phone directory to be implemented but no one knows where that stands at the moment.
#30628 by dsegel
Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:47 am
I agree this would be useful - it's one of the features I gave up when moving to Ooma. I used to have a modem with CID listening to the incoming phone line and a perl script that would create a web page showing the calls. I had several "translations" entered so I could see full/proper names instead of just abbreviations.
#30694 by Bobby B
Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:05 am
The My Ooma web interface part of the contact list is just about ready for beta testing. When numbers that appear in the contact list, we'll automatically replace the numbers with names in your call log and voicemail.

We're also planning to pass the contact list information to the Telo and Hub so that it will automatically replace the caller-ID information with your contact list information if there's a matching entry.
#30743 by Bobby B
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:14 pm
We'll probably release it as a public beta feature after a week or two of private beta testing.
#31374 by southsound
Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:45 pm
k50aker wrote:Importing Google Contacts would even better, don't u think so?

Since ooma is working to provide Premier Extensions for Google Voice in the near future, I would assume that the capability to share or sync this data will be available when it releases. As a heavy Google Voice user I agree that it would be great to use or integrate our existing GV contacts list!
#31452 by ajw522
Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:54 pm
southsound wrote:
k50aker wrote:Importing Google Contacts would even better, don't u think so?

Since ooma is working to provide Premier Extensions for Google Voice in the near future, I would assume that the capability to share or sync this data will be available when it releases. As a heavy Google Voice user I agree that it would be great to use or integrate our existing GV contacts list!

Will Google Voice Extensions be available for Hub users? Or is it just TELO?
#31914 by usaooma
Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:40 pm
I add my plus one to this request. I logged in today to post a topic to request this feature. I'm very happy to hear that it will be in beta soon. looking forward to it.

:)