Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#30156 by cjones78
Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:08 pm
This isn't really a problem, but I just wanted to bring it to the attention of the Ooma mods.

My number ported over on October 22nd and everything is working great! I noticed when I made outbound calls from the Telo, my caller ID name said "Unknown Caller." That was fine, because I had read here on the forums that it might take up to two weeks for a name to start appearing along with the number on the Caller ID info.

On October 27th or 28th, the name started appearing on the outbound Caller ID, but the funny thing is that it's my husband's name and not mine. This isn't really a problem because I don't care whose name is on the Caller ID, but the Ooma account is in my name, whereas my husband's name is on the Comcast bill (we ported our number from Comcast Digital Voice).

The thing is, when I go into My Ooma > Preferences > Phone Numbers and click on the ported number (and the second phone number, too), the properties say Caller-ID Name: JONES <insert my first name here>.

So there seems to be a discrepancy between what My Ooma says should be the outbound Caller-ID name and what the Caller-ID name on the outbound calls actually is.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests