Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#24091 by robtcody
Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:01 am
I find the "Ooma connection tone" to mean the short tone after the ringing tone and before the receiving party picks. And I find I can disable this easy enough.

What I WANT to disable is the longer ooma tone played between going off-hook and the "standard" dial tone being played.

Ooma plays its jingle for 3-seconds before the standard dial tone is played and this is three seconds of unnecessary advertising that delays my making an outgoing call. This is because speed dialers are waiting on the standard dial tone before sending the phone number. Also, the jingle confuses users of the ooma system that don't realize they are on ooma.

How do I disable this annoying dial tone jingle?
#24093 by murphy
Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:16 am
You can't disable it. :(
Pick the phone up slower and it will be gone by the time the phone reaches your ear. :)
#24132 by niknak
Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:38 am
...This is because speed dialers are waiting on the standard dial tone before sending the phone number..

add a few pauses to the beginning of the speed dial number to overcome this
#24134 by hpepper
Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:41 am
I have found when I pick up my phone off-hook, I can start dialing immediately - I don't have to wait for the Ooma dialtone to end.
#24135 by Groundhound
Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:49 am
My phone's speed dialer automatically waits for the jingle to end. This is only noticeable if I'm very fast at going off-hook and pressing the speed dial key - like if I'm already holding the receiver in one hand and using two fingers of the other hand to let off the hook switch and immediately hit the speed dial key - a rare circumstance for me and no big deal.