Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#23659 by Bob859
Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:18 am
My brother-in-law is considering the purchase of an ooma. I use my ooma on a cable internet connection. I would like to take my ooma to his house to see how well it will work on his DSL connection. He lives in a different state. Is there any problem with trying it out temporarily at different locations?
#23662 by murphy
Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:41 am
If you integrated your land line it will be difficult to use it on a DSL system without doing some filtering.

If you did not integrate your land line, it will be plug and play.

Do not use it to call 911 while at your brother's house.
#23667 by scottlindner
Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:29 am
This question has been asked before. If you update your location information in the Lounge that is used for E911. So if you travel alot and want to take Ooma with you, that's how you do it while being compliant with E911.

Murphy is correct about the landline integration. If you did integrate your landline, you'll need to hook it up that way at BIL's home when you test it.

The DSL issue shouldn't be a big deal, but be careful to use the DSL filter if you need to connect the phone line for landline integration.

It should work well, DSL generally performs better for VOIP than Cable ISP service.

Scott