Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#22991 by cyberthon
Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:51 am
Hello everyone,
I read in an article that the next version/generation of ooma telo will have bluetooth capabilities. Questions to whomever can answer: are those rumors true? and will I need to purchase a brand new telo device in order to connect a bluetooth device?

Thanks.
#22997 by cyberthon
Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:01 am
Thanks.

I am just thinking out loud but it would be a waste to spend $250 on ooma telo come 10/05 and then spend some dollar amount again for a new bluetooth compatible telo.
#22999 by ggilman
Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:06 am
I don't believe they are trying to imply you'd buy a new Telo. I would assume that either A) The currently released "new" telo already has bluetooth built in, just not enabled (possible firmware upgrade needed?) or B) You may need a dongle from the USB port. They have said the USB port is going to be usable for something this time, but haven't stated what.
#23004 by Groundhound
Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:17 am
I'm guessing a USB device. No. 3 in the blog list talks about Bluetooth and No. 6 talks about WiFi. Perhaps an extended feature satellite attachment of some sort.