Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#21612 by lohertz
Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:49 pm
Its been widely quoted on this forum that the terms reflect more in the realm of 3000 minutes as abuse. I dont think some guy trying to raise money is anything thats going to raise cost.

So I guess if I call my sister to sell her some girl scout cookies that my daughter is selling...thats telemarketing
#21656 by ggilman
Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:27 pm
With respect to FOP & home-based business, I've read a couple of articles related to fund raising with FOP and similarly fire fighter unions. According to what I read, these organizations often have nothing to do with the police or fire fighters. They are merely call centers set up to solicit donations & give very little back to the police/fire fighters they claim to represent.

There may well be some that are legit, but I believe most are just call centers. So, with respect to ooma, this would be in direct violation.

However, how did you know they used ooma? Someone suggested caller id showing up as "ooma inc", but is it possible they spoofed your own number? That is common practice for call centers & would be conceivable it showed up as a generic "ooma inc" in text if the look-up service was somewhat confused as how you'd be calling yourself.
#23118 by niknak
Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:13 pm
whn wrote:report them to

DONOTCALL.GOV

you can only report them after you have registered on the do not call list
#23122 by hpepper
Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:23 pm
Even then, some groups are exempt - like some banks, charities and organizations such as this.
#24601 by whn
Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:46 pm
niknak wrote:
whn wrote:report them to

DONOTCALL.GOV

you can only report them after you have registered on the do not call list

Yes, but reporting them still works

I talked to somone from that office and it works off volume of complains, so when a certain number gets X amount of complains they send out FTC notices to that company

if it hits X amount of complains after that they send FTC violations then fines and make a file on them.

She couldnt tell me what that X number was.
#24608 by niknak
Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:00 pm
...Even then, some groups are exempt - like some banks, charities and organizations such as this...

FOP probably falls under this category