Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#17068 by DrewAZ
Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:30 pm
It seems that when I am notified of a voice mail via email the callers phone number is listed however, on the call log it is listed as 'unavailable'. Anyone know why this would be? Some of the calls are entities that I would like to add to my blacklist.

Drew
#17154 by thbjr
Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:36 pm
If you want, you can enable annonimous call block in your lounge and that should do it. You can also blacklist any number, reguardless of if its in the call log. I'll take it that you're familiar with the lounge enough to know how to enable call block features amd add numbers manually to the black list. If not, follow the link in your previous post.

Nice to see someone else from Phx on the forum....
Tom
#17164 by DrewAZ
Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:53 pm
Thanks Tom. But I'm curious though why the number is in an email but not in the call log. It sure would make it easier to block a specific number.

I don't want to block all unavailable numbers. Most of my friends have their CID blocked and I don't want to force them to unblock it when they call me.

They have a big pile of ooma devices at Costco .... I'll bet we aren't the only one's in Phoenix using this!!!!
#17167 by thbjr
Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:07 pm
Sorry, but I'm to new to this to have an answer as to the why in the email, but not in the call log question. I'm sure some of the forum experts will be by later this evening with some suggestions.

On another note, I got mine at Fry's electronics, the hub and scout set. I was on Cox initially, but my call quality was cr@ppy. So since Qwest has a special on right now for DSL without phone service, I had them connect it up (30 days to compair). No compairison, at least in my neighborhood. Call quality on Qwest is soooo much better for me.
#17168 by DrewAZ
Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:25 pm
That sounds like a good deal. I have Cox cable but a Qwest landline that crashes way too often. So far, ooma has been great. I'll port my Qwest number and send them packing after I get my next bill.

How much is the Qwest DSL?

Drew
#17169 by thbjr
Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:41 pm
Depends, speed, 2 yr contract or month to month. I got 7Mbps (896k up) for $35 for the first year and then $47 a month for life w/out phone service. https://www.qwest.com/MasterWebPortal/a ... adbandBook
The Cox 12Mbps (1Mbps up) is also $47 but the power boost really screwed with the voip because the speed would drop as soon as Cox thought I had enough 'boost'. But with the Cox, the best download speed I ever got was 350-380k. Same site download with Qwest I'm getting 750-780k.
But of course, your neighborhood could be different.