Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#14652 by southsound
Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:45 am
bc3tech wrote:Appears Lounge doesn't like to change msgs in the Inbox on IE8.

I'm not sure what you mean by change msgs - can you explain what is happening? I use IE8 and haven't noticed anything but maybe I just haven't tried what you are describing.

Thanks!

Edit:
I might have answered my own question - I just clicked on a voice message in the inbox and got the "Internet Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close" message. I normally listen to emails from the hub so I hadn't noticed it until your post. I only had one message and it finally worked - does it do it every time or just sporatically?
#14657 by bc3tech
Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:26 am
southsound wrote:
bc3tech wrote:Appears Lounge doesn't like to change msgs in the Inbox on IE8.

I'm not sure what you mean by change msgs - can you explain what is happening? I use IE8 and haven't noticed anything but maybe I just haven't tried what you are describing.

Thanks!

Edit:
I might have answered my own question - I just clicked on a voice message in the inbox and got the "Internet Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close" message. I normally listen to emails from the hub so I hadn't noticed it until your post. I only had one message and it finally worked - does it do it every time or just sporatically?

every time. And i'm running win7 so uninstalling ie8 is not an option. couple this w/ the Firefox bug and you've now got an unusable website.

I guess I haven't tried it in Chrome or Opera.....
#14661 by bw1
Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:19 pm
bc3tech wrote:every time. And i'm running win7 so uninstalling ie8 is not an option. couple this w/ the Firefox bug and you've now got an unusable website.

The Firefox bug doesn't keep the lounge from being usable, just refresh and it fixes itself, at least for me.
#14662 by WayneDsr
Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:32 pm
I did a test in Windows 7 and sure enough clicking on a voicemail crashes IE8. However, after the window recovers I can then listen to a voicemail. This doesn't happen every time and I'm not sure what's causing the issue. It has something to do with Windows 7 and IE8 and not Windows XP and IE8.

Wayne
#14663 by bc3tech
Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:51 pm
bw1 wrote:
bc3tech wrote:every time. And i'm running win7 so uninstalling ie8 is not an option. couple this w/ the Firefox bug and you've now got an unusable website.

The Firefox bug doesn't keep the lounge from being usable, just refresh and it fixes itself, at least for me.

actually, works pretty well in Chrome :)
#14668 by southsound
Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:09 pm
WayneDsr wrote:It has something to do with Windows 7 and IE8 and not Windows XP and IE8.

Wayne

When it broke and recovered in my system I was running XP Pro and IE8. Never liked Vista enough to change and I'm wating for brave souls like yourself to work the bugs out of Windows 7 before I buy it. But I hope you and all your friends do as soon as it's out because I still own some MS stock. :cool:
#14669 by bc3tech
Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:14 pm
southsound wrote:
WayneDsr wrote:It has something to do with Windows 7 and IE8 and not Windows XP and IE8.

Wayne

When it broke and recovered in my system I was running XP Pro and IE8. Never liked Vista enough to change and I'm wating for brave souls like yourself to work the bugs out of Windows 7 before I buy it. But I hope you and all your friends do as soon as it's out because I still own some MS stock. :cool:

in case you haven't been paying attention it's gone to RTM (which i'm running) and is beating Vista in every benchmark i've read. And XP in nearly all of them as well. :)

I have bets going w/ many other people saying they'll "wait for SP2" that they don't end up waiting THAT long. They did Win7 right. the only thing they didn't do right is charge for it like it's anything but Vista-done-right. But, I'm an MSDN subscriber so don't really care ;)

Back to topic, Ooma needs to revisit their lounge programming on Firefox and Win7 IE8. i hope their "upcoming facelift" (eluded to in the Firefox thread) will take care of these issues so am not raising too much of a stink now, noting that using Chrome actually works quite well - I'll just have to install it on my office Win7 box as well.