Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#14498 by southsound
Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:06 am
First off, welcome to ooma!

You could use multi-ring to serve the purpose - or if you use Google Voice you could give out your GV number and have GV set to ring both locations - or use settngs to select one or the other. I use an iPod Touch so I can change settings where ever I have WiFi. In the fall, ooma will release Premier Extensions for Google Voice that should allow you to use your existing ooma number to accomplish what you are wanting.
#14504 by tip123
Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:06 pm
Southsound... thanks very much for your reply. Can I indeed use the multi-ring feature at my primary ooma house to call the ooma phone at my second home? I was told that a call could not be forwarded from one ooma to another ooma, but only could be forwarded from one ooma to a landline or cell phone. Thanks again.
#14507 by southsound
Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:18 pm
I may have spoken too soon or with too much assuredness. In my mind, technically it should work. But maybe someone who is using it this way will be able to chime in with actual experience.

I do know that the Google Voice solution will work, and if ooma to ooma didn't work for some reason a workaround would be to multiring to Google Voice and have GV forward to the other house. You would need to turn call presentation off and would still deal with ooma's "press 1 to accept" thing, but it might be a temporary solution if ooma to ooma didn't work. Also, when the GV extensions are released the solution becomes much cleaner.
#14618 by tip123
Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:18 pm
The above link is interesting, but neither #4 or #5 is quite the setup I am hoping to establish as described in the initial post. Does anyone call-forward calls from one ooma to another ooma in a second location... does it work? Thanks.